Can't delete ceratin cookies
Posted by: JWill
Date: September 23, 2007 01:26PM

I notice these cookies located here
C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\default\gqss5m2d.slt

All of these cookies have a number after them cookies-1 cookies-2 cookies-3 and so on but for some reason I can not remove them.
If I click on one of them there is a message that says to use *cookie manager* to remove those cookies.

What and where is the cookie manager?

I have tried going to tools-privacy-settings-cookies and clicking on clear now but that doesnt remove them.
A program such as CCleaner doesnt remove them, so is there another way to remove them?

Thanks.

Re: Can't delete ceratin cookies
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 23, 2007 04:32PM

Try this:
Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Push "Display Cookies ..." -> Select cookie and delete it.

Posted by: caktus
Date: September 23, 2007 10:01PM

Just tried this 'myself', but did't work for me. No right click menu. Only way to attempt Delete is to press Delete key. But still will not delete. Might I have broken something?

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: neolem
Date: September 23, 2007 10:59PM

I had problems deleting certain cookies via that method, too. But this method works for me: Tools > Privacy > Settings > Cookies. Pick any of the three options. Clear on shutdown works for me perfectly. Of course, this will always remove *all* cookies.

Posted by: JWill
Date: September 24, 2007 10:18AM

Sorry but I have tried these methods already mentioned.
The only way possible it seems to me is to go into the folder itself and delete the cookies manually.

Does anyone here know what the cookie manager is?
If you click on one of the cookies in the folder it will tell you to use the *cookie manager* to delete.

Posted by: sliderule
Date: September 24, 2007 02:56PM

JWill:

You said:
JWill
I notice these cookies located here
C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\default\gqss5m2d.slt

All of these cookies have a number after them cookies-1 cookies-2 cookies-3 and so on but for some reason I can not remove them.

Please read from the link below from K-Meleon Forum.

cookies files generation...

I suspect . . . your original cookies file ( cookies.txt ) is set to READ ONLY . . . if so . . . then the 'solution' is easy as defined in the link above.

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.