General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How 2 change Browsertyp, Country & Language ?
Posted by: Daniel
Date: September 27, 2007 09:34PM

Hi out there.

Its my first contect with k-meleon, it works very fine for me on WinXP.

I have a question:

How and where can i change de Browsertyp, his Language and the countrysetting ?
I just saw in my homepage-log, all this are missing there...

Thanks a lot for this nice browser!

Daniel / Germany

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How 2 change Browsertyp, Country & Language ?
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 27, 2007 10:44PM

Hi Daniel @ T-off smiling smiley

I am afraid I do not speak English - I am not sure whether I understand You intention - so You get two answers smiling smiley

1.) If You just want to fake/spoof another "browser string (e.g. change to Firefox or IE as User agent identification)?

That is done in "Preferences / Einstellungen" Submenue "Privacy / Datenschutz".
There You find a place called "User defined / Benutzerdefiniert" where You can paste or write any "Browser string / User-Agent-Kennung" known to You - or even comments like "Hello my dear site owner I do not want You to know my browser" or a string used by the "Google Bot ( It truly impresses site owners looking into their records smiling smiley ).

Next: Click ok and that changes it browser string.

The "Privacy bar / Datenschutzleiste" contains a filed called User Agent - where You can right click for options to change that on the fly. The bar is activated via "View / Ansicht" ther "Tool Bars / Werzeugleisten".

You can also edit/alter the predefinied User agent identifications values permanently. Via about:config : There You can either edit kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name to kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.name permanetly or You can add new items.

2.) If You mean that You want to change the browser language truly?
German or English download or other language version are at http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/download.php?

In Menue under "Edit / Bearbeiten" You find a Submenue "Language / Sprache" where You can set K-Meleon to use another language that is installed. National Versions can by default change to English. The change needs a restart. German, French and Spanish can be also installed into the English or a different national version. The installable language packs are at the K-Meleon Extension page.

Greetings to Germany from Hannover, Lower Saxony winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2007 10:49PM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.