General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
1.5a > Pages not loading.
Posted by: caktus
Date: October 26, 2007 08:50PM

Durring the past three days, pages will not load. This occurs on about 5% of the time. It seems to occur without rhyme or reason, Though it most often occurs within http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net. But it occasionally occurs on other Web sites too. When this happens after clicking on a link the little blue box under the X [close] button, as well as the progress indicater bar at the bottom right of the window shows that the page doesn't even start loading. When this occurs, the URL bar contains the URL and reloading instantly loads the page.

Could someone please advise me what may be causing this and how to fix it.

Thanks.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1.5a > Pages not loading.
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 27, 2007 12:54AM

It is not just a 1.5 problem. I have had trouble like Charlie describes but also on 1.1.2 version. My problem seems always to be with sourceforge. To get to this thread I had to hit reload twice. The first time I got just one puff from my little green friend and nothing else happend. The second time I got the little fella working hard and the page loaded.

Date: October 27, 2007 01:22AM

Come to think of it, I had this problem with 1.1.2 as well. KM's seem to work fine at first for a while. Then gradually this problem occurs more and more. I have even tried reinstalling the browsers at least once. I have even tried installing 1.5b, but even with it's own [blank] profile.ini and set as defauld browser it kept bringing up 1.1.2. I guess the page loading problem is an inherent bug in KM. I hope it gets worked out.

Since KM seems to depend greatly on a History cache, I wonder if there may be a memory leak from the cache?

I still enjoy using KM because of it's ability to load pages very fast. But this problem is some what annoying and worrisome that the browser is gradually becoming more and more corrupt. sad smiley

Charlie

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 27, 2007 02:53PM

No it is the Forum (or Source Forge). It is as slow the last 1.5 days as it was not anymore for ages. It seems to have much traffic.

Could be also Internet in US on a Week End. This is the only page located in the US that I visit often.

You do not have to reinstall the browser often. If You suspect corruption create a new profile and check whether that behaves better. Profiles can get corrupted because of the constant writing operations and if You often install new extensions. The install only gets damaged rarely ( reasons when OS or hardware has a problem - crash, energy failure, inproper shutdown, new bad sector ... ).

The nrowser version that You want to use all the time must be set as default else some protocol calls might be delegated to the default handler by Your Windows system smiling smiley

Date: October 29, 2007 02:33AM

I finally get K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1 up and running. It's the best.smiling smiley

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.