General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
adblock.css
Posted by: caktus
Date: October 27, 2007 12:57AM

Could someone please advise me where adblock.css should reside in the 1.5a dierctory?

It is currently at C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\km1.5\K-Meleon1.5a1\defaults
and when I go to Edit > Configuration > Ad-Blocking StyleSheet I get this error:
The file adblock.css could not be found.

Thanks

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: adblock.css
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 27, 2007 11:04AM

On my install of 1.1.2 the addblock.css is located in
C:\Program Files\k-meleon\Profiles\default\ae3wngxv.slt\chrome.

On my install of 1.5a1 it is not there. Remember, this is alpha code so maybe it will be there later.

Posted by: gvgerman
Date: October 27, 2007 02:16PM

I am using "Pocket K-Meleon 1.5a1update2" on a stick with AdBlock Plus. However, I believe the only difference bwt the pocket version and the full-install version is the location of the profile folder.

I assembled the pocket version according to the prescription provided by Douglas on his site and from messages found within this forum written by Alain. Using JamesD's help, I was able to set the cache to -0- via about:config as I believe 1.5a1update2 has some sorting-out that still needs to be done with the preferences (F2). Nonetheless, I find 1.5a1update2 to be a stable and fast program with great, great potential in it's final non-alpha form.

As mentioned above, I've also loaded AdBlock Plus from Wladmir's site, namely version AB+ 07.5.3 for K-Meleon. I don't know if there is any difference from, say, AdBlock Plus for Firefox, but Wladmir's blog post that points to the zip package is entitled, "Using AdBlock Plus in K-Meleon". The zip package has the following title: adblockplus-kmeleon-07.5.3-en-US.zip" (note: I downloaded the US english version). Since his file has "kmeleon" in the title, I have blindly assumed he, as the author of AdBlock Plus, has some necessary tweaks therein for K-M. Regardless, AdBlock Plus works fine w/ my version of the 1.5a1update2 program.

The adblock.css file resides in the main program directory within \defaults\settings

Link to Wladmir's AdBlock Plus for K-Meleon

Date: October 27, 2007 05:19PM

The adblock.css file resides in the main program directory within \defaults\settings
gvgerman

Same here. I wonder why it cannot be found.

I appearantly tried the english Adblock Plus 0.7.5 which didn't work.
I'll give Adblock Plus 0.7.5.3 a try. But I notice it says not compatable with K-Meleon CCF. The Properties of my KM icon says km1.5\K-Meleon1.5a1. But in KM's directory there is a folder named K-MeleonCCFME0.08a5. I don't know if that means that have the K-Meleon CCF mentioned.

Thanks.

Charlie

Date: October 27, 2007 05:36PM

Well, no luck with Adblock Plus 0.7.5.3 either. Saved it to the Desktop. When I inzipped it I wasn't given as option to choose a directory and it just created a folder on the Desktop. I moved the zip folder in to the KM directory and unzipped it but again it just created a folder in which reside a Chrome, Componants, Defaults and kplugins folder. Should I move the contents of these folders to the folders with the same named folders in KM?

Thanks.

Charlie

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 27, 2007 06:08PM

Yes - move the folders content to K-Meleon folders with identical names.

Posted by: gvgerman
Date: October 27, 2007 07:46PM

I don't find any folder named "K-MeleonCCFME0.08a5" in my instance of the program. I've done a search of the program folder for *ccf* and nothing is found.
I'm wondering if you did a clean install into a new location?

- The folder "adblockplus" belongs in the profile folder. For Pocket K-M, this is profiles\profile\adblockplus. I'm not sure where the profile folder is for the non-pocket installations. perhaps guenter might advise if he happens to read this.
- The files adblockplus.jar and adblockplus.manifest go in main program folder \chrome
- The java script files adblockplus and adblockplus_extra go in \defaults\pref
- adblockplus.css in \defaults\settings
- adblockplus.dll in \kplugins

I think that is all of them (but am not completely sure) ... If you find something else related to adblock plus or one of these files in a different place, reply.

Since you are finding the *cff* folder that I can't find and you're not certain of the adblockplus extraction, you might consider a fresh install. Also, I suggest perhaps using a separate zip program so you can be sure you are extracting to the right location vs. doing it manually. I use 7-zip; it's free; it works well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2007 01:39PM by gvgerman.

Date: October 29, 2007 02:19AM

I stopped trying to install AdBlock+ and was finally able to successfully install
K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1 by using the 7z zip tool, but only after fully uninstalling the
KM Alpha install. K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1 is temporarily in a Desktop folder. I guess I can just move it to the C: Programs ditectory.

KM1.1.2 is still in the C: Programs directory. It is just nolonger the default browser. It works as well as always, so I guess I just keep it for a back-up browser.

KM shortcut Produced by SetDefault.exe from within the K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1 directory folder renders this error:http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/30202/2002838553169510965_rs.jpg
After clicking OK, the K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1 browser appears with this Options menu:

Set privacy Options
View Cookies
Permissions>Cookies,Image,Popup
Web Search> no options
User Agent> no options
Privacy> no options

Set privacy options
View Cookies
Permissions>Cookies,Image,Popup
Ad Filter
Preferences
Web search>etc.
User Agent>etc.
Privacy>etc.
Weather Report Alt+W
with all the bells and whistles I need.smiling smiley However, I [would] like to get rid of the Stop and New Tab buttons, as well as the Tab bar when only one Tab is present. And it would be nice to replace the Search bar with just the search button and use the URL bar as the search bar, if these thing are possible. But I can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. But it is by no means a deal-breaker.smiling smiley

And as someone else posted recently.
K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1 is really, really, fast.smiling smiley smiling smiley

Thanks.

Date: October 29, 2007 03:04AM

Just noticed that any Web shortcuts created with the error producing BETA I mentioned will still render the error producing browser.

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.