General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Macro Language wiki page reorganization project
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 05, 2007 09:05PM

I have started a project to reorganize the Macro Language page in the wiki. With version 1.5 coming soon it did not seem to me that we should just place each new version's additions to the language at the end of the page. Also some of the existing statements are received expanded features.

So I have started a new page with the intent of updating the table of contents and adding an alphabetical index. The page is http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/MacroLanguage2

If you have comments or discussion, please use this thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Macro Language wiki page reorganization project
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 06, 2007 08:21PM

Thanks for your work and effort JamesD!
This page is very useful and look good.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 08, 2007 08:53PM

The page is nearly complete now. There is a little work left to do on spacing and making sure all the links work.

Anyone who wishes to see how it looks can get there from the link in the first post on this thread or from a link on the current MacroLanguage page.

I will repeat the link here. [kmeleon.sourceforge.net]

I will leave it up to the user community to decide how best to use the page. If it is decided to replace the current MacroLanguage page, we must make sure that the new page contains all the information and that it is correct.

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 09, 2007 12:40AM

IMHO - it should "replace" when approved/checked by our devs.

p. s. With a link to the old, grown one for "version history" and because some different "learning types" are helped possibly by such older posts.

BTW. Will it be packed and offered for download for off-line use/reference?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2007 12:40AM by guenter.

Date: November 09, 2007 01:45PM

guenter
BTW. Will it be packed and offered for download for off-line use/reference?

I don't know. I usually just do a "save page as" to have pages locally. I don't mind doing it another way, but I will have to have instructions on how to accomplish that.

guenter
p. s. With a link to the old, grown one for "version history" and because some different "learning types" are helped possibly by such older posts.

The "old" page has had incremental updates quite a bit. I really don't know if is is very different from my new page except in the organization. Mostly I copied statement descriptions right from the old to the new. Some depreciated statements have already gone from the old page. I still have not decided what to do about them in the new page. Unless someone is writing a macro for an old version of KM they are not needed.

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 09, 2007 02:49PM

Sorry JamesD - I did not see that it "moves" and is all on the same page.
Naturally save as is sufficient smiling smiley

Posted by: caktus
Date: November 09, 2007 05:17PM

guenter
Will it be packed and offered for download for off-line use/reference?

Can be done using a site downloader such as WebReaper v10. WebReaper is clean, that is it contains no spyware, etc. It's freeware, and there are other freeware site downloaders on the web. But it's curtious to download sites or site directories during the night so as not to cause a disturbance durring times of high user traffic unless you have broadband i.e. cable/DSL.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: November 14, 2007 08:14PM

Most of the work on the new page is complete. I am waiting now to see if there are more changes coming with version 1.5.

You are welcome to use the page http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/MacroLanguage2

If you experience problems using the new Macro Language page or if you find an error please feel free to report the problem or error here or you can edit the page yourself.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.