General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
broken R-click menu
Posted by: dpcdpc11
Date: November 21, 2007 11:18AM

i've decided to upgrade to 1.5a1 and give it a try.. the easiest way to do that was by overwriting my previous KM folder[i backed it up of course].. everything seemed to work except groups[which i dont use] and the commands in R-click menu also dont work.. i mean the r-click menu when i select a text and i hit websearch or translate from nothing happens.. also if i hit Ctrl+G on a selected text nothing happenes...
what can i do to make the r-click menu work again??

Note: this doesnt happens in a clean 1.5a1 folder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: broken R-click menu
Posted by: kko
Date: November 21, 2007 12:17PM

Please post your comments regarding K-Meleon 1.5a1 in the thread dedicated to K-Meleon 1.5a1.

K-Meleon 1.5a1 is an alpha version and thus must be assumed to have many bugs. We would like to have all bug reports/feedback together in the same place rather than scattered over three dozens of threads. Thank you.

Date: November 21, 2007 12:44PM

that helps me alot!!! i can't move the thread now can i???
i'm not the admin of the forum...

Date: November 21, 2007 02:26PM

solved this one partialy... i just had to delete this line from pref.js:
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.macros.selected.openurl", "layers(OpenURLBg)");
but now the selected stuff that i websearch or translate is opening in the current tab.. how can i make it open in a new tab??
i guess i must replace the "layers(OpenURLBg)' syntax with something else... but with what?? i tried to replace it with ID_NEW_TAB or ID_OPEN_NEW_TAB but it won't work...
some help pls... pretty plsss!!!

Posted by: kko
Date: November 21, 2007 05:08PM

dpcdpc11
that helps me alot!!!

It also helps us alot when we have to waste our time solving problems of people who are thinking that our recommendations

Dorian
Make sure to use a new profile or to backup your old one.

are addressed to anybody but them.

dpcdpc11
now the selected stuff that i websearch or translate is opening in the current tab.. how can i make it open in a new tab??

Question: How do you normally configure these settings?
Tip: Hit F2, then you are already in the right place.

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 21, 2007 08:56PM

I don't try 1.5b1, but the defaul value in 1.1.2 for pref you wrote is: ID_OPEN_LINK

You can try with some of these:
layers(openlink)
layers(openlinkbg)
ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND

I don't found none documentation about: layers(OpenURLBg). Is it a new implementation in 1.5b1?

Date: November 22, 2007 10:59AM

found the setting in the preferences menu... browsing options>Open>selected text>in a new tab in background

Rendering question
Posted by: Yakobom
Date: February 06, 2008 08:40AM

Hi guys,
Could someone explain how does the rendering works? Where is the exact code that is responsible for putting the layout (bitmap?) in the main window?
If I want, for example, to supply a 'preview' window that will present a smaller bitmap of the main window, how can I get the bitmap?

Thanks,
yakobom

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.