1.1.3 question
Posted by: DizzG
Date: November 27, 2007 04:30AM

I just downloaded 1.1.3 and one thing I have noticed is the backspace button on my keyboard no longer works as the back button on a webpage. it was automatic in the last version 1.1.2 as it is in Firefox too, and Im in the habit of using it

any reason this doesnt work in 1.1.3?

Re: 1.1.3 question
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 27, 2007 05:33AM

ALT VK_LEFT = ID_NAV_BACK

Is the normal K-Meleon combination. If I remember correctly it has been on that accel since longer than Phoenix aka Firefox existed smiling smiley

You can redefine it in user defined accel.cfg.
The editor is via Edit > Configuration >

Cave: the url bar + search button can also function as input for search strings.
I would personaly want to use backspace to erase smiling smiley

BTW. K-Meleon can use mouse gestures - is not that faster than keyboard input?

Mouse gestures like Firefox can be defined via Tools > Mouse Shortcuts or something.

Posted by: baby
Date: November 28, 2007 09:57AM

Which is best?
K-Meleon 1.1.3 or 1.5a1
What about the difference?
Hope that "Save page as " add "*.TXT ONLY"!

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 28, 2007 12:16PM

K-Meleon 1.1.3 is the update of 1.1/1.1.2, proven technology for end users. I use it mostly smiling smiley
K-Meleon 1.1.3 has some usability fixes/updates and a brand new GRE (Gecko HTML rendering engine rv. 1.8.1.10 that is the same as in Firefox/2.0.0.10 ).

K-Meleon 1.5 is still alpa, tests K-Meleon's newest tab technology ( has some known bugs or better contains some not yet finished work ) - it is not for the general end user.

K-Meleon 1.5a's main advantage - it uses less RAM when You open many tabs/layers. The known bugs are not serious - guess most persons new to K-Meleon can handle 1.5a - with a little reading in the threads specializing in it. The GRE is mostly 1.8.1.9 - if I remember correctly.

AFAIK no save as "txt" in either.

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 28, 2007 12:22PM

baby
Which is best?
K-Meleon 1.1.3 or 1.5a1
What about the difference?
Hope that "Save page as " add "*.TXT ONLY"!

K-Meleon 1.1.3 is a final release (100% stable and tested), 1.5a1 is a beta stability is not guarantied and is only for test prourpose.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.