General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Toolbar/Preferences Question
Posted by: RHPT
Date: November 28, 2007 02:44AM

I don't know what happened, but my installation of K-Meleon no longer has the option to switch user-agent strings from the toolbar. I also can no longer pick search providers from the Search button. And finally, the option for "Advanced Prefernces" no longer shows up on my menubar.

Can someone explain why this suddenly occurred and how I can get these options back?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Toolbar/Preferences Question
Posted by: Anony Mous
Date: November 28, 2007 03:48AM

User error?

Posted by: jsnj
Date: November 28, 2007 04:08AM

make sure the macro plugin is enabled. edit -preferences - plugins

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 28, 2007 05:30AM

The User Agent String can be changed via the right hand button of Privacy Bar.
Some Skins do not have a Privacy Bar or have the button commented out with # before the relevant lines. Else You may have deactivated the bar via View > Toolbar Buttons?

Adanced Preferences in Menu Bar only exists in some skins - Maybe You use a skin that does not have it or where it is commented out by placing a # sign before at this buttons line beginings in Toolbars,cdg in used skin. Remove # at the right place if the skin has the button.

p. s. I assume/guess You changed skins to e.g. Phoenity(Large). It does not have all buttons.

A 24 pix big skin with all buttons and bars is e.g. Blau which is available at exensions page. I this is not sufficient for Your needs let me know. AFAIK 1 or 2 K-Meleon skins have 32pix or more for most bars and buttons? Some have almost all buttons. I guess I can upload or send by mail one suitable for K-Meleon 1.1.3.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2007 05:39AM by guenter.

Posted by: RHPT
Date: November 28, 2007 04:37PM

It was user error. I had disabled the Macro plugin. I had no idea that it controlled so much functionality in the browser. Thanks everyone for the quick help!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.