General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
how i use my browser
Posted by: epsilon_da
Date: November 29, 2007 04:01PM

Hallo.
First at all, congrats for this really light browser.
I was looking for a lighter alternative to firefox with gecko.

Now.
I have some usability-suggestions which i use with firefox all the time and is not on kmeleon.

I want to use Flashget or other download managers with it. In firefox it is provided by flashgot extension.

The bookmarks are very hard to use. Pageicon is not stored and becouse of that all the icons are the same.
There is not "add here" button on each folder, so ones have to add and then move it.
There is no right-click menu on bookmarks to open it in a new tab.

Also, tight-click menu for tabs the first option is to create a new, and looking in the middle is close tab together with close all. One mistake and you close all. I think that it has to be first.

Ctrl+click opens a new tab but doesn't keep the focus on the current page. I usually open in a new tab multiple links of one page.

Finally, the feature of firefox fot rss in the bookmarks is really good for me. I use it a lot.

Well, those are just suggestion. I hope to see some a newer releases. grinning smiley
cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how i use my browser
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 29, 2007 06:09PM

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Generalities.html

Extensions listed there/or not listed there are no responsibilty of K-meleon project devs: Devs or any respective users of any extentions can choose to support k-m or m or not sad smiley

burryall&me

Posted by: Arrow
Date: November 30, 2007 03:52AM

Re Flashget

I haven't tried this personally, maybe you would like to?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,76112,76112#msg-76112

Posted by: Arrow
Date: November 30, 2007 04:22AM

I just tried it and Oget works fine using net transport as the download manager

Once installed you find the menu under Tools / Download managers
It installs a - download with Oget - option to right click menu

But then again, Flashget, Net Transpot etc have drag and drop dowmload windows which means you can still use them without adapting anything.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.