General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
New folder in Bokmarks?
Posted by: Ivan
Date: November 30, 2007 10:13AM

Hello!
Please, tell me, how can I make a folder in the Bookmarks. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New folder in Bokmarks?
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 30, 2007 01:52PM

Bookmarks -> Edit... Rigth click over on folder you like create a new folder and select 'New folder' in context menu.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 30, 2007 03:17PM

Thank you! Yes, right-click...
An other question, but it is not sure there is any answer: I just discovered K-meleon.Why it is so unknown, despite of it is maybe the best web-browser?

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 30, 2007 03:36PM

K-Meleon it's only for elite browsing people smiling smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: colossus2
Date: November 30, 2007 05:49PM

desga2

Date: December 01, 2007 01:19AM

colossus2
desga2
Quote:

desga2

This is an easy way to be elite.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2007 01:26AM by Ivan.

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 01, 2007 07:02AM

Some reasons and some idle comments: why the K-Meleon browser project is still little known while it is years older than e.g. Phoinix aka Firefox.

When K-Meleon was the sole browser-only applcation that used the Gecko engine under Windows, IE 5.X was a fast browser with lots of user gadjets and its bugs were unknown.

So when K-Meleon had the chance to become a majority product easily there was no real reason to look for an IE replacement. Even PPL like me only started to use K-Meleon as default after IE 6 had arrived. For long I simply lacked the knowledge to get Java and Music going with K-Meleon sad smiley So I used K-Meleon only for odd jobs that can be done with K-Meleon 0.6 - 0.7 without plugins.

sad smiley K-Meleon did not always have developers as active as the current ones.

sad smiley K-Meleon devs did not want activeX and such things - so only an "elite" of more technical minded PPL could configure K-Meleon enought for easy every day usage. During this time it was this Forum that helped PPL to make K-Meleon usable. A whole tribe of tinkers helping each other resided here. smiling smiley They made e.g. lots of translations. Some of that spirit and generation is still here.

Last not least:

sad smiley The K-Meleon project has no company that funds or promotes it.

p.s. grinning smiley Lets found a company and raise funds by offering K-Meleon's pole search engine position at e-bay grinning smiley

Maybe K-Meleon project should really lease K-Meleon's default search engine position to Google like Mozilla does for Firefox - Or K-Meleon search engine goes to Google's competitors if they pay smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2007 07:03AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.