General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
sourceCommand
Posted by: prenaud
Date: December 06, 2007 12:33PM

I'm trying to change the settings so that view Source Code opens in my text editor. I go to about:config and make the changes in sourceCommand and sourceEnabled. Everything seems fine. Then I close about:config but it doesn't keep the user settings. It always goes back to the default. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Pierre

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sourceCommand
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 06, 2007 02:54PM

@ prenaud

Go to EDIT - PREFERENCES - PAGE DISIPLAY - GENERAL TAB and check the box for "Use external source code viewer". Then browse to your text editor and put that in the field provided.

I am using KM 1.5a1 so if you use another version it might be advanced preferences.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: December 06, 2007 04:54PM

You can also add another menu entry to have then two entries.

One to view with default (Ctrl-U), and one to edit (or view) (Ctrl-Alt-U) with your prefered editor.

See on Extension Page

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2007 04:55PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: caktus
Date: December 07, 2007 12:39AM

prenaud
I'm trying to change the settings so that view Source Code opens in my text editor.
After selecting "Use external source code viewer" you must then click "Browse" and select the application you wish to view the source code with, or enter the path to the desired application. In my case Notepad, which on my machine is
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

But I would prefer to use KM's default viewer with it's color-coded lines of code if it would word-wrap. Perhaps the powers that be will implement word-wrap in the default viewer for us. smiling smiley

Hope this is fo some help.

Charlie

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2007 04:13AM by caktus.

Posted by: kko
Date: December 07, 2007 08:02AM

caktus
But I would prefer to use KM's default viewer with it's color-coded lines of code if it would word-wrap. Perhaps the powers that be will implement word-wrap in the default viewer for us. smiling smiley

Set view_source.wrap_long_lines to true. winking smiley

Posted by: prenaud
Date: December 07, 2007 12:25PM

Thank you all for you suggestions. That was easy. I can now view/edit pages in my favourite text editor (notepad2 - tiny and colour-coded).

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.