General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Cookie Confusion
Posted by: Carson
Date: December 13, 2007 11:52PM

K-M is suddenly asking me to confirm setting cookies, pretty well wherever I go. I must have pressed a wrong button somewhere.

Under Privacy, I have already selected "Accept all cookies". Some other setting must be undermining that one.

No problems on Firefox, so its not an OS setting. At least I think that's unlikely.

Also, just as a suggestion:
- The Confirm Setting Cookie popup gives me 3 choices: Allow, Allow for Session, or Deny. But I don't want to set any of those policies. Because this is an error in my settings, I really would like a 4th choice, to Cancel, which would probably bump me back to my last previous website. (The X on the box won't do that.)

Reason: The way it is, I have to use Task Manager to kill my K-Meleon session, because nothing can be done while that popup box is there.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cookie Confusion
Date: December 14, 2007 01:09AM

-- That's in K-Meleon 1.1.3.

Posted by: foobarly
Date: December 16, 2007 09:38PM

You might have 'Advanced Preferences|Privacy and Security settings' Keep Cookies option set to 'ask for each cookie'...

There are other options in regular 'Preferences|Privacy'. Check those and report back, please.

Date: December 17, 2007 12:51PM

Superb! Thank you, Mr. Foobarly! You were absolutely right, and life is swell again.

When I went to Advanced Prefs, I discovered them missing from the menu. Somehow I had removed Advanced Prefs, although Prefs were still there. I hadn't realized until I was following your suggestion. So I accessed Advanced Prefs via F2 and sure enough, things were as you said; fixed it; no problem. (Now I'll hunt around and fix that menu.)

Thanks again. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.