Webpage K-meleon Fails to Load
Posted by: Romy Albano
Date: December 17, 2007 01:11AM

Hello,

Would like to know how to do this: when I try to access my email (after typing in my ID and passowrd) at hotmail.com, what comes out is what follows:

Redirect Loop

Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Webpage K-meleon Fails to Load
Posted by: Carson
Date: December 17, 2007 03:32PM

If it is a Cookie setting you need to change, that would be in

EDIT > Preferences > Privacy > Cookie Acceptance
or/and
EDIT > Advanced Preferences > Privacy & Security
or/and
TOOLS > Privacy > Settings

Unless you have a definite reason to be very strict about your cookies, you could try relaxing all the settings, RESTARTING K-MELEON, and trying your Hotmail access again. (If you are showing a K-M logo in your taskbar's notification area, be sure to exit K-M altogether so it can restart with your changed settings. I think you'd want to do that twice: change cookie settings > full K-M restart > set up Hotmail access again > full K-M restart > see if it works.)

I'm a bit rusty; hope that helps. You may receive better advice later!

Re: Webpage K-meleon Fails to Load
Posted by: rpalbano
Date: December 19, 2007 02:04AM

Thank you for your help.

I have finally solved the problem by following your instruction, going to the menus: Preference, Privacy and Changing the entry at the Browser Identification from Default to MSIE 7.0.

Have a lovely day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2007 02:08AM by rpalbano.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.