General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
moving profile
Posted by: dresskorakomora
Date: December 27, 2007 11:17AM

How can I move my kmeleon's profile from c:\program files to documents and settings?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: moving profile
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 27, 2007 12:52PM

If you create an empty file named "Profile.ini" in KM's folder then when KM is next started it will create a new profile at KM\Profiles\default\<unique name>.slt. You also could have text in the "Profile.ini" file to set the profile location.

[Profile]
path=Profiles
isrelative=1

This code will place the profile in same place as having no code. The values for path and isrelative can be changed to place the path elsewhere.

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 27, 2007 03:28PM

Most PPL have XP and a new K-Meleon like JamesD smiling smiley

greetings to .PL from .DE winking smiley

p. s. I am afraid my answer would depend on Your K-Meleon and Windows version sad smiley

The last Polish (pl-PL) and the last Kashubian (csb-PL) versions were AFAIK based on K-Meleon 0.9.

K-Meleon 0.9 (and earlier) has the default location in the K-Meleon folder and You will AFAIK have to edit prefs.js by hand to get Your desired effect.

All versions after 0.9 have the default Profile location in Application Data this is in ./documents and settings for Windows XP and other NT based Windows and in Windows folder for Windows 95/ME ( if no profile.ini is present ).

So You will only get the Profile easily to Your specific Windows default location.
I recommend to use the default location of Your Windows!

A profile.ini will force the Profile to be in K-Meleon install folder.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: December 27, 2007 06:16PM

A profile.ini will force the Profile to be in K-Meleon install folder.

[Profile]
path=Profiles
isrelative=1

Like this, you're right,

but like that :

[Profile]
path=C:\WINDOWS\My Documents\K-Meleon\Profiles
isrelative=0

I think that you can do what you want (I dont know if space are allowed like this in path, "" perhaps needed).

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.