General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Spyware etc
Posted by: David
Date: January 08, 2008 09:19AM

Hello, I've tried to search for info without success so please be gentle! I've been getting familar with K-Meleon over the past couple of months and it does seem to somehow "attract" more "spyware" than Opera: according to my AVG anti-spyware scanner. Is this what others find and if it is, other than regular/daily scans are there any work arounds?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spyware etc
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: January 08, 2008 07:48PM

Uh?

Attract more spyware?, how?, when?

AVG could say your pc is a nuclear bomb and it isn't. When an antivirus software starts to do things that haven't to be made by an antiVIRUS software, this is what happens.

But, please, let us know any example.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2008 07:49PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 08, 2008 08:13PM

@David,

I personally have not had any problem for ages - if You feel that anything might be lurking in the bushes add NoScript to K-Meleon's natural defences.

& If You have observed anything in particaular let us know as example.

Posted by: caktus
Date: January 08, 2008 08:17PM

Ditto's on JohnHell's response.

But if the items flagged by AVG A/S are Tracking cookies they are virtually harmless and it is safe to delete them or simply leave them be as they would only have been placed on the machine so that sites such as online banking, shopping, etc. can identify you and or your computer to make your visits and logging in go more smoothly. Tracking cookies are about all AVG A/S ever finds on [my] computer and have always been harmless.

While AVG A/S like any scanner is capable of reporting false positives it is still probably among the best S/W scanners available.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 09, 2008 03:56PM

You migth used AntiVir that is better than AVG.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Arrow
Date: January 11, 2008 09:10AM

Yes Antivir is good

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 09:12AM by Arrow.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.