General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Re: google map fails
Posted by: Terry Barron
Date: January 10, 2008 08:00PM

Turns out I wrote too soon. The permissions.default.image=0 coincided with Google Maps starting to work after making that change. However once I closed KM and then restarted it Maps again failed to display. Apparently this was correlation, not causation.

I then renamed my prefs.js file so KM (1.1.3) was forced to create a new one. Google Maps then worked fine, so the problem was in my old prefs.js file. I have been using KM since 0.9 and had accumulated various settings in prefs.js over the years that I carried over from upgrade to upgrade. Starting from the fresh prefs.js file I then used the KM interface (i.e. not editing prefs.js directly) to set the preferences the way I used to have them for the interface. Then I manually copied my groups defs (some of which are quite large and complex) into prefs.js. This also solved the problem of the about:config changes not being saved and everything now works well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 10, 2008 10:20PM

I can use http://maps.google.de/ with the default settings of K-Meleon 1.1.3de-DE.

If needed PPL should fall back to spoof Firefox and SeaMonkey.

Maybe You can give me a map URL that failed for some time.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 11, 2008 08:53AM

No problem, too, with 1.1.3

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: ndebord
Date: January 11, 2008 09:32PM

Guenter,

So, KM 1.1.3 is enough different from KM 1.0.2 (with patches) to make the changes I posted in the macro not needed?

<wry grin>

N

Date: January 11, 2008 10:13PM

I do not know about 1.1.3en-US smiling smiley but 1.1.3 fr-FR and de-DE are reported to work tongue sticking out smiley

German 1.02 with default settings also loads http://maps.google.de/ eye rolling smiley

But I have no idea why You needed to create and apply a macro. sad smiley

p.s. Nick - You best learn the languages of the grand parents (fr or de) else You are stuck with the en browser locale and that has no native speaker dev grinning smiley

BTW. AFAIRemember Google Maps already worked with the late 0.9s - Walt found that it was caused by missing dll when a 0.9 did not load the maps properly - later Brielle and I independently found which.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 11:29PM by guenter.

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 11, 2008 11:31PM

http://maps.google.es/

Work fine in all K-Meleon versions to me: ..., 1.02, 1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, ...
in both languages english and spanish. smiling smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 11:32PM by desga2.

Date: January 12, 2008 12:39AM

@desgas2, You are a spoilsport - why did You tell Nick that en-US works too smiling smiley

p.s. Likely the problems are from old configuration files - but no one seems to know.

Date: January 12, 2008 02:55AM

Guenter,

The way I see it, the world is still stuck with the English language for another 100 years or so, but be careful what you wish for, because when our time is up, you will have to learn Mandarin instead!

<VBG>

N

Date: January 12, 2008 02:59AM

Guenter,

Old config files, perhaps, but then I'm still running KM 1.0.2 (with patches) and so changes in the macro itself made the difference between Google Maps working or failing.

As for Desag2, why you made the classic mistake. You choose only GE for FR, when Spanish has been around even longer in the Roman sense of the world that is!

N

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 12, 2008 02:14PM

Blade Runner
La jerga que habla es interlingua, un argot, una mezcolanza de francés, inglés, italiano, español y lo que sea.
Spanish Blade Runner film version.

Blade Runner
That gibberish he talked was city-speak, guttertalk, a mishmash of Japanese, Spanish, German, what have you.
English Blade Runner film version.

smiling smiley Spanish are in both. tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.