General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
A GREAT BIG THANKS
Posted by: Lady FireFly
Date: January 15, 2008 08:25PM

Hi Everyone,

I Love this browser! I wish I could help but I am a dunce when it comes to programming. I've been using this browser for quite sometime now. I would love to learn how to program. Any suggestions on the best way to get started. My ultimate goal would be to create my own OS ...just because I'm sick of MicroNation...if u know who I mean. Maybe your group might consider creating an OS ???

I think the group of people who developed this browser should be highly complimented ... Greatness takes time & patience. I notice the Get Involved Link ... how about if I contribute a small amount for the use of your browser...please tell me where I can mail a Money Order. By the way I never pay anything on line.

Live Long & Prosper
Peace On Earth
Lady FireFly

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A GREAT BIG THANKS
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 15, 2008 08:38PM

It would be nice if You contributed some of Your time. You do not have to be a coder. There are many things users can do. This Forum is run by PPL that do our end user support - we try to anyway.

This group lacks the specialized manpower to create an OS but look here at reactos are PPL that work on something that will be similar to Windows.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: January 16, 2008 02:36AM

Just some words grinning smiley

An OS is not as easy to program as other applications, well, an OS, no, a kernel. An OS is just the interface that simplifies the use of a computer and the relations between the user and kernel/hardware.

Posted by: paladinjedi
Date: March 01, 2008 07:08AM

I also think that's a great idea. I know very little programming but I would really like to contribute with a few ideas in software creations, especially rpg games. I am good with writing scenes, creating concepts and imagining: worlds, shapes, designs...
Anyway, I think we all need a strong, freeware OS, better than Windows which is clumsy and unstable. (I checked Solaris recently, liked it and expect an answer from their contact support untill I decide to install it).
A really good OS should be one oriented primarily for best use of system resources, especially in multimedia applications like games, very easy to use, so even children could understand it. It should be accesibile to most if not all existing software applications...
I know it's not easy to program it but if there are people who want to develop such a project, I would gladly accept to contribute with what I can.
K-meleon is a cool browser but it should try a different design interface than most browsers do (kinda cliche), easier and customizable (again!), funny graphics maybe. It would also be nice if there would be more options about managing history and changing skins...
If you want to contact me about colaboration in any software matter (I don't have any experience so far but I would like to start somehow), please do. Creative people should gather...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.