General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Aspell & adblock
Posted by: casper
Date: January 20, 2008 11:10AM

I am trying too use Aspell by highlighting a word & clicking the right mouse button but nothing happens by the way of correct spelling showing for that particular word if you can help me in anyway that would be great, I have also installed adblock & I have exited the browser including the pre-loader but it won't activate once I have checked the installed plugins it still shows the extension in red if you can help me with this as well that would be great.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aspell & adblock
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 20, 2008 05:42PM

Aspell is not a good choice.

I have tried it, and it was a pain. I now use the spell checker of seamonkey and it works great with the kplugins of mark307.

I haven't have had time to do the setup, but I'll do it quickly.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 20, 2008 08:49PM

alain - if nothing speaks against it You devs should include SeaMonkey spell checker by default. Maybe with the next update of 1.1. I hate when finished work is left unused.

Date: January 21, 2008 12:26AM

JujuLand
Aspell is not a good choice.

I have tried it, and it was a pain. I now use the spell checker of seamonkey and it works great with the kplugins of mark307.

I haven't have had time to do the setup, but I'll do it quickly.

A+
Do I just need the SeaMonkey extension too do this?.

Date: January 21, 2008 07:31AM

No, you need too the mark307 kplugin, and a little macro.

See this thread

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Date: January 21, 2008 11:09AM

I have downloaded the spelltest plugin & It seem too be working fine when I misspell words but when I highlight the word it dose not give me an alternative word too use I have also downloaded & unzipped spellcheck.xpi file & put the contents into the root folder & kplugins folder is there anything else I need too do?.

Re: Aspell & adblockou must unzip
Date: January 21, 2008 04:15PM

Open xpi with a zipper (7z, Winzip, ...)

Put the content of chrome under chrome and the content of components under components (dont forget to delete xpi.dat and compreg.dat).

Put spelltest.dll under kplugins

Put the dictionnaries (.dic and .aff) under the folder dictionnaries. The dictionnaries are the same as the one used by OpenOffice or Thunderbird or Seamonkey obviously.

You must use the macro given by mark307 or another. I personnaly use another key to call spellcheck. I prefer use Alt+* (as F7 is already used) than the one used by mark307.

On a word which is mispelled, just hit the kestroke, and a menu opens with words.

I hope you have taken the last version 0.0.2 (near the end of the thread), not 0.0.1 at the beginning.

@guenter,

I agree, we ought to add it by default to the build, I just have to add a macro to choose the folder where dictionnaries are put. By default it's dictionnaries, but
I think it would be great to choose another. For example openoffice dictionnaries folder. Without having to add dictionnaries, we have a lot of dictionnaries. The only problem I think we could have is perhaps the name of the dictionnaries for oo en_US instead of the classical en-US (but I have not try it, it's perhaps ok).

A+

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2008 04:23PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 21, 2008 05:54PM

@ Alain

I would like to add my support to Guenter's request that a spell checker be a part of KM by default. Do you think it could be included with the next version of 1.5 ?

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 21, 2008 07:52PM

Sorry, but I prefer that spell checker to be an extension or if it's included in the installer that this will be an optional installation.
It is only to defend the opposition. :p (I'm not user of spell checkers)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: January 22, 2008 12:55AM

Maybe ask to have the macros & functionality at the next GRE update of 1.1. The dictionaries ar a differnt thing.1.5 has a problem with SeaMonkey checker AFAIK. Most current browsers have checkers it is state of the art like having a RSS reader. Most PPL like me should use a checker grinning smiley

Date: January 22, 2008 07:36AM

I agree, it's better to make it optional. After, we can talk about the default value (checked or unchecked).

desga2, I notice you don't use spell checker. And in english :-)

@guenter,

which problem with 1.5? I have just notice the call doesn't work if we use plugin(). To make it work, we must use id().

A+

Date: January 22, 2008 02:34PM

@alain You are right as usual smiling smiley

Date: January 22, 2008 02:57PM

guenter, can you illuminate my old brain ...

How do you do to add smileys ?

A+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2008 02:58PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 22, 2008 03:34PM

@ Alain:
: ) => smiling smiley
: D => grinning smiley
: p => :p
: s => :s
: ( => sad smiley
: O => :O
: B => :B

*Without spaces, some smileys are case sensitive.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2008 03:54PM by desga2.

Date: January 22, 2008 07:40PM

8 - ) = eye rolling smiley collection plus give us :B more

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2008 03:28AM by guenter.

Date: January 23, 2008 02:24PM

JujuLand
Open xpi with a zipper (7z, Winzip, ...)

Put the content of chrome under chrome and the content of components under components (dont forget to delete xpi.dat and compreg.dat).

Put spelltest.dll under kplugins

Put the dictionnaries (.dic and .aff) under the folder dictionnaries. The dictionnaries are the same as the one used by OpenOffice or Thunderbird or Seamonkey obviously.

You must use the macro given by mark307 or another. I personnaly use another key to call spellcheck. I prefer use Alt+* (as F7 is already used) than the one used by mark307.

On a word which is mispelled, just hit the kestroke, and a menu opens with words.

I hope you have taken the last version 0.0.2 (near the end of the thread), not 0.0.1 at the beginning.

@guenter,

I agree, we ought to add it by default to the build, I just have to add a macro to choose the folder where dictionnaries are put. By default it's dictionnaries, but
I think it would be great to choose another. For example openoffice dictionnaries folder. Without having to add dictionnaries, we have a lot of dictionnaries. The only problem I think we could have is perhaps the name of the dictionnaries for oo en_US instead of the classical en-US (but I have not try it, it's perhaps ok).

A+
I did everything which was in the readme text & yet it still didn't work I just want a spell checker which is easy too install & will work dose anyone know about spell bound & whether it works in KM.

Date: January 23, 2008 02:58PM

ok, I'll try to make the extension this evening.

A+

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 23, 2008 06:56PM

This is just a suggestion and I do not know enough about programming to know if it is possible or not. Could the spell checker be like Hotlist or IE Favorites? They are shipped with KM but are not enabled by default. As for the dictionaries perhaps there could be some script that would run if spell checker is enabled that would download and install to the correct location.

I guess the above is a lot of work, but I have tried three times to install a spell checker on my system. I have not gotten one to completely work. Add to that there was not a good way to get rid of a failed spell checker.

Date: January 23, 2008 07:35PM

My extension will be first like the one I made just a setup which put the files where they must to be.

In the setup, (and kko and Dorian haven't been consulted) if they agree, I think it won't be enabled by default.

Well, now I must work smiling smiley

A+

Date: January 24, 2008 11:16AM

I have upload the setup on my extension page.

It handles all files with just en-US dictionary.

For adding other dictionaries, you can just download dictionaries for Thunderbird (the easiest way), open xpi file with a zipper (7z, Izarc, Winzip,...) and put dic file and aff file in dictionaries folder under K-Meleon.

Another way, without downloading dictionaries is to copy aff and dic files from Openoffice folder (share\dict\ooo) to K-Meleon dictionaries folder (the names are then en_US instead of en-US, but it works.

When K-Meleon is running, no menu are displayed except on right-click when your mouse is located within a textarea. You can also use the shortkey Ctrl+* (it's faster when you're entering text). The only problem I found when using shortkey, is that the menu is opened where the mouse is located, and it's sometimes surprising

When you're located over a miss-spelled word, the menu includes a list of purposed words and a dictionaries menu to change the language (it's dynamic), else, just the dictionaries menu.

It's a first version which is completely usable. I just want to add the possibility to change the default dictionaries folder to be able to use others installed dictionaries (openoffice for example). It won't then be necessary to download dictionaries, and the number of available dictionaries is large.

I'm now trying to find the source of the spellchecker.

A+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 11:17AM by JujuLand.

Date: January 24, 2008 11:40AM

JujuLand
I have upload the setup on my extension page.

It handles all files with just en-US dictionary.

For adding other dictionaries, you can just download dictionaries for Thunderbird (the easiest way), open xpi file with a zipper (7z, Izarc, Winzip,...) and put dic file and aff file in dictionaries folder under K-Meleon.

Another way, without downloading dictionaries is to copy aff and dic files from Openoffice folder (share\dict\ooo) to K-Meleon dictionaries folder (the names are then en_US instead of en-US, but it works.

When K-Meleon is running, no menu are displayed except on right-click when your mouse is located within a textarea. You can also use the shortkey Ctrl+* (it's faster when you're entering text). The only problem I found when using shortkey, is that the menu is opened where the mouse is located, and it's sometimes surprising

When you're located over a miss-spelled word, the menu includes a list of purposed words and a dictionaries menu to change the language (it's dynamic), else, just the dictionaries menu.

It's a first version which is completely usable. I just want to add the possibility to change the default dictionaries folder to be able to use others installed dictionaries (openoffice for example). It won't then be necessary to download dictionaries, and the number of available dictionaries is large.

I'm now trying to find the source of the spellchecker.

A+
Thank you so much for the spell test extension I installed with no problems but where do I get the dictionary from do I just use the SeaMonkey spellchecker?.

Date: January 24, 2008 01:11PM

Setup install en-US by default.

You can find other dictionaries on this page, for example

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 01:12PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: playdayz
Date: January 24, 2008 03:55PM

Thank you Alain for taking the trouble to prepare the spellchecker. This is very useful to me because now I can use KM for work as well as for fun (without having to purchase a spellchecker--which I was considering). I installed in 1.5a1 and I am getting this message on startup: (I don't get the problem with 1.1.3)

Error in spellcheck.kmm
C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\macros\spellcheck.kmm at line 19smiling smiley expected but found <name>.
C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\macros\spellcheck.kmm at line 19:; expected but found <name>.
C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\macros\spellcheck.kmm at line 19:; expected but found).
C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\macros\spellcheck.kmm at line 19:; Invalid Statement.
After I click OK to close the message everything seems to work fine--but I get that message every startup. Thanks again, larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 04:05PM by playdayz.

Date: January 24, 2008 04:25PM

I've just started using Spellchecker & it's working fine for me I installed the Australian English Dictionary on my Spellchecker.

Date: January 24, 2008 04:50PM

playdayz
Thank you Alain for taking the trouble to prepare the spellchecker. This is very useful to me because now I can use KM for work as well as for fun (without having to purchase a spellchecker--which I was considering). I installed in 1.5a1 and I am getting this message on startup:

do not use with 1.5 which needs slightly different macro syntax. smiling smiley

playdayz
I don't get the problem with 1.1.3

IT is A 1.1.3 MACRO :p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 04:52PM by guenter.

Date: January 24, 2008 05:23PM

do not use with 1.5 which needs slightly different macro syntax.

No, these are errors, I often forget ; at the end of the line, and 1.5 checks for errors, not 1.1.3.

Modify SpellCheck.kmm in macros folder with notepad for example, and correct the errors

Delete these lines:

_DictPath{
alert(Dict path);
}

It ought to be better.

Give the content of line concerned (19), if it's different from alert ...
I think Dict Path ought to be between ""

A+

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 05:25PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: playdayz
Date: January 24, 2008 09:37PM

Yes A+, just Delete these lines. Everything is fine. Thanks again.

_DictPath{
alert(Dict path);
}

Date: January 25, 2008 06:54AM

@playdayz

A+ is in french 'à plus (tard)' which means 'see you later' smiling smiley

A+

Posted by: foobarly
Date: January 29, 2008 12:57PM

LOL grinning smiley

But I'm glad you explained what it meant, Alain, 'cause I didn't know it and I sometimes wondered...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 01:00PM by foobarly.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.