General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
White page while loading
Posted by: Jarryd
Date: January 20, 2008 04:50PM

So I love K-meleon. Absolutely love it. I love the speed, the fact you can block javascript whenever you want with a push of a button. It's great.

Except for one thing.
Between every page load, the page turns white. This really bothers me. Even refreshing pages it'll turn white, then go back to the page.
In firefox, the page just stays the same until it's done loading, then displays that.
if you're having trouble understanding me, here's an example.
In Firefox: I'm watching a video on youtube and I click on some other video. Everything on the page stays the same until the page is done loading, then it goes to that, no white page.
In K-Meleon: I'm watching a video on youtube and click on some other video. Immediately, the page turns white and stays that way until the page i'm going to is done loading. Then it goes to that page.

Is there any way to change this in K-meleon?
I know abosolutely nothing about configuration and all this stuff, i only changed from Firefox because i heard this was faster. So if you tell me something to do, you have to do it step by step because i'm really just clueless.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: White page while loading
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 21, 2008 12:47AM

@ Jarryd

Can you let us know what version of KM you are using and what operating system please. It might also help to know how fast your internet connection runs. I just tried a reload of this page and I do not get a white page. To the best of my memory I never have noticed a white page for a reload operation. I am using 1.5a1 on Win XP SP2.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.