General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
An excellent browser, still room for better though
Posted by: Cos
Date: March 01, 2008 06:15AM

I got tired of how Internet Explorer, Opera and even Firefox (I know K-meleon uses the same engine but it's different than Firefox for sure!) messed up my pc. Being kept logged in into Yahoo after logging out, bad, small fonts (Opera), huge loading times and crashes (IE) and easy viruses attack and redirectional sites (Firefox) made me consider other options based on different layout engines... Amaya looks nice but it's a system resource devourer. Maxthon and Avant -- no, thanks. No great change.
K-meleon is really fast, stable and cute. It could use a few changes in the future (a compact, customizable options folder, easy switching skins, maybe some new interesting interface design, work on the use of even less system resource etc.) but overall I think it is very good. Congratulations to the producers. I will reccomend it to all my friends.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: An excellent browser, still room for better though
Posted by: Meehowski
Date: March 01, 2008 04:40PM

agreed!!

Be well..........

Mike

Posted by: foobarly
Date: March 02, 2008 12:37AM

Cos
I got tired of how Internet Explorer, Opera and even Firefox (I know K-meleon uses the same engine but it's different than Firefox for sure!) messed up my pc. Being kept logged in into Yahoo after logging out, bad, small fonts (Opera), huge loading times and crashes (IE) and easy viruses attack and redirectional sites (Firefox) made me consider other options based on different layout engines... Amaya looks nice but it's a system resource devourer. Maxthon and Avant -- no, thanks. No great change.
K-meleon is really fast, stable and cute. It could use a few changes in the future (a compact, customizable options folder, easy switching skins, maybe some new interesting interface design, work on the use of even less system resource etc.) but overall I think it is very good. Congratulations to the producers. I will reccomend it to all my friends.

After all this time, I am just amazed about how few people realize this... After all one would believe it to be a no brainer. :O

Be welcome.

Posted by: Arrow
Date: March 02, 2008 06:36AM

I think with gecko browsers you have to restart to switch skins and get many changes to work - you certainly do with firefox as well as K-M

Therefore all that is missing in that dept is ability to see a screenshot of skin in the browser itself before selecting.
Do we really need this facility - I don't?

Posted by: encoderX
Date: March 02, 2008 10:06PM

I've been using KM for years and years as my main browser smiling smiley

All the family and friends at work use KM and continue to do so once introduced to it smiling smiley

A fantastic, all round feature packed lean browser - long live KM! :p

--
★ e n c o d e r X ★

Posted by: User
Date: March 03, 2008 07:33PM

K-Meleon is the only current browser that runs on my old notebook with acceptable performance. The only possible improvement i can think off would be to further reduce the memory footprint.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 03, 2008 09:08PM

On the long run memory footprint will rather increase due more functionality.
All you can do is to check out the NoXul version of K-Meleon.(K-Meleon-NX-18112) It has a smaller memory footprint than the official version.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.