General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How edit page in K-meleon?
Posted by: koona
Date: March 20, 2008 12:34AM

Hello all

Is there anything like IE design mode or the plugins for opera or firefox that allow a page from the web to be edited and saved, that works in K-meleon on a w98.64ram?

I use K-meleon as default and others only for bloated projects that need those others. The one exception is certain websites which I know I'll probably want to notate and save for reference. In that case I use FastStone because IE design mode works in it.

I'm so tickled pink with K-meleon that I'd as soon forget the others unless I really need Zotero or some such.

Thanks

douglas

Don't ask if there is a conspiracy at work! If you're not in one start one!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How edit page in K-meleon?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 20, 2008 01:51PM

@ koona

There are two methods to save web pages using KM. Both are found under EDIT - SAVE PAGE AS menus. You can save the html only or save the page complete. As for editing the page, you can right click and get a context menu which has PAGE PROPERTIES as one of its items. Highlighting that item brings up a second menu which has SOURCE CODE as one item. Clicking on that will bring up the source code so you can edit and save the code. You can assign an external html editor by using EDIT - PREFERENCES - PAGE DISPLAY - SOURCE CODE.

If you edit and save the source code, you will have to load the saved code in order to see your changes.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 20, 2008 02:13PM

You can also use an extension which let you choose between 'View source' and 'Edit source' and accels:

Ctrl-U for View (as default)
Ctrl-Alt-U for Edit

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 02:19PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: koona
Date: March 21, 2008 01:58AM

OK thanks you guys

I'll make komposer my editor for source code then, but for longer edits a wysiwyg is better so i'll have to keep faststone fired up flor those times.

bye for now

douglas

Borrow money from a pessimist - they don't expect it back.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.