General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
megaupload toolbar?
Posted by: quiz
Date: May 04, 2008 10:13AM

hi!
I can`t download from megaupload.
i need megaupload toolbar but i can't install it.

any solution?
please

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: megaupload toolbar?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: May 04, 2008 02:54PM

You don't need any toolbar to download from megaupload. Post an example, please.

Posted by: Sob
Date: May 04, 2008 10:40PM

Toolbar requirement is dependent on country you're in.

For Firefox there is (in addition to original toolbar) this addon:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3843

It won't work in K-Meleon, but I looked at the source and it just creates fake cookie and sets user agent string to IE6, nothing more.
For someone with expirience in K-Meleon scripting, it must be a ten minutes job.
Or it might be possible to enter required data manually in cookies.txt in K-Meleon's profile.

Posted by: Nointeli
Date: May 06, 2008 01:44AM

The Megaupload Toolbar has a feature that allows users PREMIUM download status between the hours of 9:00PM to 3:00AM.
There is also another feature that allows you to reset your download limit during other hours which allows you to download more. To use these features you must register at Megaupload & install the Toolbar.
In addition during the Premium Hours you can use Their "Mega Manager" to capture and organize large numbers of download links, and if you run out of time the Manager stores these links for the next download opportunity. It also can check the links prior to downloading. There is nothing more annoying than downloading a multipart file and discovering one of the links has expired.
Downloading a file(s) from any File Hosting service is fairly safe from those looking for media piracy. But watch out for spyware/malware, & viruses etc...
Some broken people make files available with them inside. Thats what Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware programs are for. Again look around, there are free programs available. In fact there is almost always a legal & free program available for any computer task.

This information covers North America where I reside. Please check if the features are available in your area.

Extra news: Rapidshare has a "Happy Hour" service during evening hours that eliminates the wait timer & security check. It does not however remove hourly & daily download limits.

For those of you looking for Download Heaven, there is still plenty of files available for downloading in the news groups. Some ISPs still supply access to a news groups server, so ask. If not then access can be purchased privately online. I am not aware of any free access services. Check carefully as there are many offering server access, and there are many different plans with different costs.
You can use Outlook Express to connect to a news server, but I don't recommend it. Most files are encoded using CODECs that can't be read by Outlook. Use a different program. There are plenty, and again several are free.
This is also a fairly safe way to download files

For those of you who like to live dangerously, downloading Torrent files is the way to go. P2P activity is LEGAL. The files however are almost always copyright protected, and there are several ways that piracy hounds can discover what you are doing. There are several tools available online to block their efforts. Peer Guardian is one of them, its free and works.

In Canada it is, and has been legal to copy music for a long time, including through P2P activity. Canadians pay a levy (Tax) on blank recording material and the tools to copy and store music. This tax (Levy) is then distributed to the artists. In this way everyone gets paid and no one gets sued. Video however is not covered.

Posted by: foobarly
Date: May 06, 2008 08:33AM

Thanks Nointeli for an easy, sensible, and updated downloading primer. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 06, 2008 11:37AM

I wrote in K-M section on MozillaES Forum (in spanish) this trick to download from Megaupload without wait a lot of time:

Tools -> User Agent -> Custom...
and write as User Agent string: MEGAUPLOAD 1.0

P.S.; This trick is old, i don't know if continues work.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.