General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Whats wrong with Yahoo
Posted by: dnasty
Date: May 29, 2008 05:53AM

Hi guys

I can open yahoo homepage www.yahoo.com but i cannot ope the email inbox
i get Address not found error login.yahoo.com could not be found, please check and try again

I cant open gmail. it is the same thing login.gmail.com canot be found, please cheak and try again

other sites can open, like this one http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net

i had the same problem with Firefox 1.0.4 but i solved it by importing internet options from Internet Explorer.

how do i do this in KM 1.1

i need this please

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whats wrong with Yahoo
Posted by: desga2
Date: May 29, 2008 12:50PM

Check your config in Edit -> Preferences -> Proxy, with your IE conection settings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: dnasty
Date: May 31, 2008 01:39PM

Thanks desga2, i copied the proxy settings from IE but it still does not solve the problem
Im confused, did i mess up something?

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 31, 2008 02:01PM

Try whether it is a problem with the DNS service.
217.12.8.76 = AFAIK the real address of yahoo.mail login entrance.

74.125.39.104 = www.l.google.com - which is a Gmail login entrance.
- try with the real number addresses.

Else:
Try to have a look into proxy entries in the about:config of the Firefox that works and compare it to K-Meleon's proxy entries in the about:config
To get there just type about:configto URL Bar and press Enter.

greetings to sunny GH from DE

Posted by: Kumar
Date: July 10, 2008 09:52AM

If you are using proxy, you have to set it up for different protocols namely HTTP, SSL, FTP, Gopher etc. or check the option "use the same proxy for all protocols"

Posted by: jet
Date: July 19, 2008 06:17AM

use classic yahoo email can be opened in K-meleon

Posted by: carolmoles
Date: August 06, 2008 03:52PM

cant open emails

Date: August 06, 2008 04:18PM

read thread and complain to yahoo UK.

Posted by: Gloria
Date: July 06, 2009 10:45PM

My edit has disappeared along with other items. I have to go to top of page just to use backward and forward arrows. What's up with this?

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 07, 2009 05:39PM
Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 09, 2009 02:13PM

guenter
read thread and complain to yahoo UK.

Guenter,

Disrupted's new Auto Switcher (User agent management) handles Yahoo just fine. It seems (to me) that Yahoo expects to see either IE or FF and if it doesn't get the user agent string it desires, it fails in multiple ways. One way is that if you log in to the so-called classic email at Yahoo, when you try and mark email messages for deletion (check all), you can't do it. Yahoo returns you to the main email inbox instead, but if you use Disrupted's switcher to add that email page at Yahoo to your list of bad sites, you're fine as the switcher tells Yahoo that you are running FF2 and then I wan able to delete all the old email messages at once.

This is how I've set up Auto Switcher (Tools/User Agent)

[X] Auto Switcher
[X] Default
[X] Reset to Default on Exit

N

Posted by: Frank
Date: August 16, 2009 04:27AM

ndebord

Pls can you give a link to disrupted's Auto switcher - is it an extension or macro ?

Thanks
Frank

Posted by: Frank
Date: August 16, 2009 04:34AM
Posted by: what's in a name? just fix this l yapthanks
Date: September 01, 2009 09:52PM

why does the message disappear? takes my time

Date: September 02, 2009 07:29AM

what's in a name? just fix this l yapthanks
why does the message disappear? takes my time

Fix what?
Your message takes my time. Quote what you meant.
I do not want to re-read the whole yahoo bug report.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 07:30AM by guenter.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 11, 2009 02:58PM

Guenter,

The new Yahoo email doesn't seem to like KM... AutoSwitcher uses FF2 useragent, but that is not enough for Yahoo it seems. I used AutoSwitcher for it, but although it initially said it accepted it, without a few seconds, an error message appeared that said there was a "client side" issue and it bounced me back to Yahoo Classic email. Perhaps Yahoo was looking for FireFox 3.5.xxx instead, not sure.

N

Date: September 11, 2009 04:22PM

Add all pages that result in complaint page. Yahoo has alternative IPs.
If needed add pages by hand. I manually added the bookmark by hand.

p.s. It does work normally but e.g. when I am here with one tab and in yahoo with one - it does nor autoswitch fast enough?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 04:51PM by guenter.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 11, 2009 07:03PM

yahoo only sniffs for browser at prelogin or pre mail entry(if you already had the cookie).. once you're logged in yahoo mail page they no longer care about the browser, you can even use an agent like lynx and it won't matter.

yahoo doesn't cripple out 'non-popular' browsers, they just prompt use classic which is anyway way better than their crappy ajax. the problem yahoo has with ff2.0 spoof is some nonsense about realplayer incompatibility (complete bullshit) so just use their classic or even better use your email client since yahoo now supports smtp/pop (thanks to fierce competition with google). using the ff spoof with yahoo is not much different than keeping the default kmeleon agent..only instead of displaying 'we are losers,go get another browser' it displays ff2.0 and realtime rubbish and you should update to ff3 but in the end you can still access their "new" ajax mail without problems

yahoo has many mail servers that are not included in the badlist es. br. de. fr. ko. jp cn etc etc if you want to spoof them, just add your localised yahoo mail domain to the badlist (tools>useragent>add website)

hotmail/live works very differently..if it doesn't recognise the browser; it cripples out features and it sniffs all the time you're inside email..login, accessing folders, clicking links so the useragent spoof has to be preserved but the agent is not changed if you switch between tabs that have already been loaded, only when you open a new website/tab so acessing your hotmail account in a session should not be a problem. like yahoo, hotmail/live supports pop/smtp so webmail service is becoming pointless unless your name is dorothy and you don't know how to setup an email client.

if you are on the move (why webmail-hotmail was originally created before every tom, dick and harry wanted an email and now we wonder why there's spam) there's no longer a reason to use webmail with numerous free portable email clients and dirt-cheap portable devices. i think webmail should be abolished and if you can't use an email client you shouldn't be online.. if we get tested before being allowed to drive why should anyone be allowed to use a pc. killing webmail will ultimately end all spam, widespread viruses, botnets and cybercrime since there won't be any online morons to scam.

Posted by: Vincent
Date: July 12, 2011 03:13PM

Thanks alot for that it works.
you realy helped me alot.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.