General discussion about K-Meleon 
favorites
Posted by: heshy
Date: May 31, 2008 04:17PM

hello to all

totally enjoying k-meleon

2 questions please

1- it doesnt seem to save my favorites

2- in preferences i tell it what i want as a home page.....and i click it i do all the right things.......but it still goes to

"about blank"

help will be much appreciated

h

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: favorites
Posted by: Terry
Date: May 31, 2008 06:02PM

Because there are several versions of K-M, to resolve your questions, to give you instructions as to what to do, it helps to know what version you are using.

Posted by: heshy
Date: May 31, 2008 08:06PM

1.5ob2

thankyou

Posted by: Terry
Date: June 01, 2008 03:32AM

Apparently, heshy, Homepate has a glitch in 1.50b2. This is the advice that KKO recommended:
"Open about:config and type "home" into the filter bar. Copy the value of pref browser.startup.homepage, create a new string pref kmeleon.general.homePage and paste the value from the clipboard."

I do not use favorites but bookmarks. Someone who does use favorites I am sure will help you.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 01, 2008 04:38PM

@ heshy

I have found that "favorites" can mean IE Favorites to one person and Bookmarks to another. If you mean IE Favorites then make sure that the IE Favorites plugin is active. That is done from EDIT - PREFERENCES - K-MELEON PLUGINS - IE FAVORITES. Note KM is shipped with Bookmarks active but not IE Favorites. If you activate IE Favorites, a restart of KM is required. I use favorites from the menu but there is a favorites bar. That must be activated from the Favorites Bar tab of the same panel where IE Favorites is activated.

By default any new favorite added is placed in the folder "Favorites". There is an option to have a sub-folder under the favorites folder to hold new additions. That is located on the general tab of the panle where IE Favorites is activated. If you want the ability to rename new favorites and add them to any sub-folder under favorites there is a macro called FavRenAdd in the macro libarary. http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmFavRenAdd

If this information does not solve your problem, please post back with more details about what actions you are taking and what is or is not happening.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.