General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
problem with ccf me
Posted by: brian
Date: June 11, 2008 07:23PM

I havent been able to get a version of ccf me to work since .08 RC3. The browser either crashes as soon as it starts or doesnt start at all. I got .09 beta 0 to start but I changed the default theme and then it crashed on startup as well. No luck with .09 beta 1 v5 either(yes I installed the msvcr file it asked for). Ive tried these on sp3, sp1 and windows me(except for latest which I tried only on sp3). Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: problem with ccf me
Posted by: desga2
Date: June 11, 2008 11:27PM

Is showed some error message?
Check if you have a 'profile.ini' file in CCF ME folder.

(Note: last CCF ME 0.9 beta1 is V4)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: June 12, 2008 02:33AM

There are no error messages. It just craps out. Ill take a look and see if I can find the profile.ini file though.

Date: June 16, 2008 05:00PM

So I downloaded 1.5beta2 in zip format. Same problem crashes on startup. I got the files it asks for and installed C++ libraries. I've been using kmeleon since .9 and never had problems with it like this. Any Ideas?

Posted by: Terry
Date: June 16, 2008 06:02PM

@brian
What version of Windows are you using? The profile.ini file will be in the folder where the k-meleon.exe file is. If you do not have an ini file in the folder where you just installed 1.5beta2, on start up, it will try to make itself multi-user. If you have another K-M installed (like 1.1.5), it will be incompatible and fail or it will mess up your 1.1.5 install's profile.

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 17, 2008 11:24AM

brian, if you are using win9x you need update some system library files. Read requirements.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2008 11:24AM by desga2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.