General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Another Realplayer embedded thing...
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: February 15, 2003 09:17AM

I could never figure out how to get K-Meleon to let me hide the Realplayer embedded video console and then *reshow* it without crashing and burning, but I just realized as I was looking at Boogomatic's boogofied website a little while ago, that I never even tried embedding the video from a page in an iframe, and then hiding the iframe instead of the embed or a div as I had been doing.

Badda-big, badda-boom, it works. smiling smiley

So I redesigned the layout a bit and made a .zip with all the new files and a Readme on how to use them.

Caps:
http://monkeesage.d2g.com/rkmcap_shown.png
http://monkeesage.d2g.com/rkmcap_unshown.png

Zip:
http://monkeesage.d2g.com/real.zip

One more reason never to leave your K-Meleon window! smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Realplayer embedded thing...
Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 15, 2003 09:23AM

MonkeeSage,

Did you crib the Sullivan theme from Aphrodite? I use that on K-Meleon at work. Po helped hook me up with a full toolbar set for it.

Date: February 15, 2003 09:38AM

Andrew:

I haven't ported any Aphrodite themes because they are always .xpi, that's why I haven't done any Phoenix themes either. The icons on my toolbar in those caps are from a skin called "Mozilla" for MyIE2, that I ported for K-M as Mozilla20 and Mozilla32 (they are in my new_skins.zip). I thought it was a port to MyIE2 of "Blue Orbit" from Phoenix, but mabye it was originally called Sullivan on Aphrodite?

If you mean the backgrounds, gray_marble is from an old windowblinds skin, or I got it off 180º ( http://desktop.8m.com ), I don't recall which, and vanilla-gray is mine. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 15, 2003 02:53PM

MonkeeSage,

Actually, now that I looked at that, it isn't Sullivan skin although it is similar:

http://www.mozdev.org/sharedimages/sullivan_grape.gif

I'm guessing that's a spin-off of Orbit which I also had installed somewhere:

http://themes.mozdev.org/themes/orbit.html

which is why it looks familar.

Posted by: lynchknot
Date: February 15, 2003 03:17PM
Posted by: boogomatic
Date: February 15, 2003 04:11PM

MonkeeSage;

Hey, I'm glad you able to get an idea from my pages.
We can learn so much by asking ourselves "What if...?
I've gotten enough ideas from you and your numerous posts. Infact I've been using your NUTech24 skin, I've modified the cold and dead states to nearly dissapear. Cool effect.
I haven't tried your embedded realplayer trick, I don't guite have the computer for audio/video.(got the plugins though) Will take a look at your help file. TIA

Trenton
486DX4/100-PLUS-160Mhz, 48MB, 1.5GB
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win95; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130 K-Meleon 0.7.1

Date: February 15, 2003 04:43PM

Trenton:

That's why opensource, community supported software is G-R-E-A-T!! Everyone can contribute and learn from each other, and make a better browser for tomorrow, today (wipes tear from eye lol)...

Up the changed skin somewhere and post the link to the skins thread, if you don't mind, then we can all use it. smiling smiley

I'm planning on making another 'slide-panel' (for lack of a better word?) skin like that except make the 'slide-panels' look embedded in the toolbar, and all poitning the same direction, and slide open to reveal an inset, backlight are with the text name of the button 'floating' in the middle...should look nice! winking smiley

BTW, nice site! smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 15, 2003 04:44PM

which way did he go george...which way did-he-goOo?

an inset, backlight are = an inset, backlight area

Posted by: jsnj
Date: February 15, 2003 06:45PM

MonkeeSage,

It's not working for me. It gives me this:

http://home.attbi.com/~jsnj/real.jpg

The file real.rpm is in the KM directory so I don't know what the problem is.

Date: February 15, 2003 06:48PM

Oops, meant to say that this comes up when I press the play button when it should play the playlist

Date: February 15, 2003 06:59PM

jsnj:

Hmmm...that is very wierd...

Check to see that real.rpm has permissions to be accessed by K-M user / group, mabye I acidentally zipped it with ownership elements and all.

If that doesn't work, you can try explicitly declaring the path in the SRC="" lines in real.html and realvids.html to C:\Program Files\&c.

Last, try changing the file extension to .ram and changing the line in real.html to point to real.ram instead of real.rpm. Mabye the Realplayer doesn't like to embed .rpm files or something??

Besides that, I dunno... but if you really wanted to use it, the RealOne upgrade is only about 6 megs, and I know it works with that (cause I'm listening to something from real.rpm right now! winking smiley ).

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 15, 2003 07:20PM

Check to see that real.rpm has permissions to be accessed by K-M user / group

How's that done?

Before I start going through the process of editing those html files just to listen to that playlist, let's say I wanna load/play something else, I see no way to browse to the file. Also, none of the buttons below the view area besides the URL button do anything. Is it just completely not working correctly on my PC?

Date: February 15, 2003 07:30PM

jsnj:

Most of the other buttons require RealOne player as opposed to simply RealPlayer (RealOne is also free, BTW, just a little more bulked (~2-3 more megs total)).

I had an <INPUT TYPE="File"> in there too (which calls the file browser), but it was no use because I couldn't figure out how to read from the return value it got (i.e., the file and path), so I couldn't add it to the nowplaying list. The URL button allows for manual input using this syntax:

file:///c:/my music/some file.mp3

But it is nice to have the playlist working so you can navigate. winking smiley

In the future I might add a function using file.write() to write a new playlist and dynamically write the value of the newly created playlist, back to the real.html and realvids.html files.

Also, one last thing, about editing the html files, there is only one place in each file and there is not other lines in the files that have SRC="real.rpm" in them, so don't give up before ya at least try! winking smiley

BTW, I always love your screen caps, your K-M looks extra nice (esp. layout) as always!

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 15, 2003 07:40PM

BTW, I always love your screen caps, your K-M looks extra nice (esp. layout) as always!

Thx, I'm just using your chim16 skin with an exploding blue dot throbber I concocted to match the exit button on the far left. I'm kind of a stickler for symmetry :-)

Date: February 15, 2003 07:57PM

In thinking about it, it seems kind of dumb to put all the buttons needed in the iframe since it is hidden most of the time (assuming this is mostly used for music)...so, all the buttons are now below the controls and the video console is the only thing in the iframe. I also added onLoad="hidevideo();" to the <body> tag, with the result that the iframe and video console are hidden by default. smiling smiley

Ps. To save people fram wading around countless ad pages from Realnetworks, here is the link to the free RealOne Player

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 15, 2003 09:16PM

jsnj:

Here ya go... winking smiley

I figured out how to get the file browser to work right, so now you can type in a value in the entry box, "Browse..." in the filebrowser, or if you enter nothing and hit the "Play File" button you get the old "URL" button user prompt...three ways of adding a file to the nowplaying list. Only thing I can't figure out is how to send clicks to the "Browse..." button, if I could I could hide it and make my own button that would click it and browse and at the same time play the file, but as is you must browse first or type / paste a URL in the entry boxy, then press "Play File."

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: boogomatic
Date: February 15, 2003 09:36PM

MonkeeSage;

I'm back, the perils of being on call.

Will post the link to the zip in the skins thread.

Thanks, glad you enjoy the site.
Trenton

Date: February 15, 2003 11:59PM

It's working now with the browse function and all, thanks. I guess it only works with the realone player. How do I get real media links on websites to open within the embedded player? Is that possible in it's current form? As it is now, they bring up the external realone player.

Date: February 16, 2003 02:51PM

jsnj:

Yeah, I'm not good enough in javascript to get it to dynamically write the realplayer html....I tried one big long javascript function that would output the exact HTML that is in real.html except replacing src="real.rpm" with src='."$LinkURL".' and other stuff like that...but it wouldn't work. So right now the way to play weblinks is to copy their url and paste it into the entry box next to the browse button, and then click play file...

Mabye later today I can figure out how to pass a parameter like real.html?filenmae.ram then I can make a right click macro that does open("real.html?".$LinkURL); ... something like that?

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 16, 2003 05:41PM

Oh Ok....not a worry...I was just wondering if it was already possible and I just needed to change a setting. Sorry I can't contribute to it's development. Not at all familiar with javascript.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.