General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
how can I import my "Seamonkey" bookmarks to K-Meleon ?
Posted by: Wally
Date: June 22, 2008 10:50AM

I've just switched from Seamonkey to K-Meleon as my default browser and I cant figure out how to import my bookmarks from Seamonkey to K-Meleon. Can anyone help me ? (in plain language please)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how can I import my "Seamonkey" bookmarks to K-Meleon ?
Posted by: Terry
Date: June 22, 2008 11:35AM

Seamonkey usually installs bookmark.html in the folder c:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\mozilla.org\Seamonkey\Profiles\funnynumber
Using Windows explorer, take that path and find bookmarks.html. Select the file by left clicking on it with your mouse, then hold down the Ctrl key and the C key simultaneously on your keyboard. (This will copy the file)
K-M usually stores its bookmarks file in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\K-Meleon\default\funnynumber . Using Windows Explorer take that pathway and go there. You should see bookmarks.html. Press Ctrl key and W key simultaneously. A window will popup telling you that you are about to overwrite the existing bookmarks.html. Answer yes to permit it.
Start up your K-M. Your new bookmarks should appear. When you go to close K-M, you will probably be alerted that the bookmarks were not created by K-M would you like to save them. Tell it yes.

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 22, 2008 11:42AM

Else You can set the K-Meleon bookmarks plugin on the location of You existing SeaMonkey bookmarks.html. That way the two browsers can use the same bookmarks. Some PPL want to do that. But I also do it like Terry described smiling smiley

Date: June 23, 2008 10:29AM

Thanks Terry,.. just did it as per your instructions and it works a treat ! Thanks for your help.

Regards, Wally

Date: June 23, 2008 10:32AM

Thanks to you as well Guenter,.. I just tried your method and it sure is a mustard cutter as well ! .. I always leave this forum a tad smarter than when I arrived !

Regards, Wally

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.