General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Coupon doesn't show with KM
Posted by: okoyono
Date: February 16, 2003 05:07AM

when I go to this site http://www.freewebz.com/netigen/30of150.html to view the coupon, it shows only a red block. When I visit it with IE, no problem. I have win 98, KM .701, and the latest version of Jave. Is this a KM problem, or is it my setup?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coupon doesn't show with KM
Posted by: MaxAuthority
Date: February 16, 2003 05:37AM

hmm, it shows for me...

"2x for 40$" and more things like that inside the red rounded rectangle, if you mean this.

Posted by: Raztro
Date: February 16, 2003 05:41AM

works for me also...

Posted by: boogomatic
Date: February 16, 2003 05:49AM

okoyono;

Did you happen to put this in your userContent.css file ;
IMG[usemap] { display: none ! important }

Comment it out like this;
/*IMG[usemap] { display: none ! important }*/
...or delete the line.

This may case the problem as the coupon is an image using a map.

HTH
boogomatic

Date: February 16, 2003 09:30PM

Booog.....
Thanks for the reply. I did a search and couldn't find anything related to the lines that you showed. I found, also, that the logout button in Hotmail no longer is visible. I didn't have this problem, or problems with coupon like objects before, but I just realized that I had installed Service pack 1 just prior to accessing this the coupon site. I think that there is some correlation here. When I installed the SP, I opted out of the bookmarks plugin, but kept everything else. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: February 16, 2003 09:39PM

okoyono:

Try clearing your disk and memory caches from the Preferences dialog. then exit K-M and the loader, then delete the files (relative to your K-M install dir) /chrome/chrome.rdf , /components/compreg.dat, /components/xpti.dat. Then restart K-M, and see if that fixed it (those files you deleted will be rebuilt when K-M restarts). You might also check your UserAgent and make sure it didn't get reset or something. Just throwing out ideas. Hope one of those things fixes the problem...

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 16, 2003 11:46PM

Works for me on XP with service pack 1 installed on K-Meleon 0.7.

Date: February 17, 2003 03:20AM

Thanks for the help. I found the problem. The service pack addition must have changed the "accept all images" to "accept site images" and do'h, I didn't catch it. I guess old age brings loss of astuteness. Thanks again

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.