General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Copy KM after a PC recovery
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 14, 2008 03:41PM

I am about to a full recover back to original install on my computer. I have copied the folder in program files which contains KM along with all sub folders. I plan to copy it back after the recover. I noticed two files in Profiles along with my tufvx7du.default folder. They are pluginreg.dat and registry.dat. When I copy back to the newly formatted program files should I leave these two file or delete them. Not all the plugins will be installed right away. Will these files be re-built? The profile.ini looks good and my profile is within KM.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Copy KM after a PC recovery
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 14, 2008 04:23PM

You can leave them if it is going to be in the same path (example c:\program files\k-meleon). But anyway, do a backup, it worths it smiling smiley

Rebuilt, I think the plugins file (with paths for plugins) but I'm not sure. The other is most important, but in the same path wouldn't give any headache.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2008 04:25PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 14, 2008 04:28PM

All *.dat files are generated files and you can delete it. This will generated again by K-Meleon in his first start.

If you reinstalled all your system and some plugins aren't instaled yet you must delete this *.dat files or K-Meleon might not work properly.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: July 14, 2008 05:06PM

Thanks for the info. I will delete the dot dat files before I start KM.

Date: July 15, 2008 01:48PM

The copy worked perfectly. I deleted the two dot dat files and started KM. Everything works. All I had to do was run setdefault from config. I just love this browser.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.