General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
I lost my bookmarks and toolbar icons
Posted by: velvetfan
Date: July 21, 2008 02:45PM

I was browsing in K-meleon and when i went to bookmark a page the whole pc crashed. When I rebooted and opened K-meleon browser, my bookmarks were gone, all my toolbar bookmarks were gone and the option to save a new page to the toolbar instead of the bookmark menu was gone. Is there a way to recover the bookmarks I had before because i am using K-meleon almost exclusively now. It uses almost no cpu and flies thru browsing. I love it but i want my quick launches back on the toolbar and I want my bookmarks back. I am not too tech savvy so any help must be explained. I am familiar with restoring the aol bookmarks etc, in the aol software if it is anything like that. Also, when I used to "open last session" in K-meleon, it opened exactly last session. Since the crash, it only opens 1 layer of previous session. Any help is greatly appreciated, I LOVE K-meleon! Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I lost my bookmarks and toolbar icons
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 21, 2008 03:05PM

What might have happened is that because of the crash your profile was damaged. The next time KM started it created a new profile. The old profile was not deleted. It is just not the one in use now. Go to EDIT - CONFIGURATION - PROFILE DIRECTORY and make a note of its location. Use windows explorer to look in the same area for the old profile which will have a name like ?????.default where the ????? is some old assortment of letters amd numbers. Your old bookmarks should be in there.

Posted by: velvetfan
Date: July 21, 2008 04:30PM

Greetings, Thanks. I did what you said and the profile folder is kw69391a.slt If I search for that folder,the location is C:\Documents and settings\owner\application data\kmeleon\default When i go to explorer and search out .slt files, i only come up with the above folder (kw69391a.slt) and a shortcut. If I go from C drive to doc & settings, to owner that folder doesn't have an appl data folder? At that point I'm lost. Any other ideas? Also, if I am able to find the profile, how do i change to that profile from the other one currently running on Kmeleon? Thanks for help. Rick

Posted by: kko
Date: July 21, 2008 05:08PM

@velvetfan: See here.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.