General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
1.1.6 and 1.5 HELP
Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 25, 2008 10:44PM

is it possible to install and RUN them both without a conflict..like say one of them use a different profile folder in application data.. i really need to juxtapose

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1.1.6 and 1.5 HELP
Posted by: desga2
Date: July 25, 2008 11:38PM

Yes you can do it.
Open one instance of K-Meleon (1.1.6 for example) and later open the second instance (1.5 for example) with command line parameter:
k-meleon.exe -new

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2008 11:40PM by desga2.

Date: July 26, 2008 02:11AM

thanks, that helped a lot, i was able to do a side-by-side comparison.. i adore 1.5, using actual tabs instead of embedding windows takes less memory and i had that problem with 1.1.x with transparency, when i switched between layers the window would flicker..now that problem is completely gone with tabs.. so far 1.5rc is very stable on my system..no complaints.. i've alos tested the 9x version on win 98..works even better than 1.1.x..

the only thing i miss from 1.1.6 is the layersbar styling:
kmeleon.plugins.layers.style
i don't know why it no longer works..maybe because it's tabs now?
i used to set the integer to 9 and that made the buttons completely flat and made the layersbar integrate smoothly with the statusbar..is there anyway to make that work in 1.5?

Date: July 26, 2008 04:15AM

i like the statusbar layersbar integration(no seperator line) much better in 1.1.x...

Date: July 26, 2008 11:38AM

In 1.5 you can modified this with this pref (in about:config URL or Edit -> Configuration -> Browser Configuration):
kmeleon.tabs.style

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 26, 2008 01:54PM

@ desga2

Do you know what appearance each number for kmeleon.tabs.style will be? I have tried 1 and 9 but I don't see any change from the default which is 2. I am using 1.5beta2.

Date: July 26, 2008 02:55PM

same here..i already figured out kmeleon.tabs.style should have changed the buttons style..i tried several integers till 10.. but had no effect, perhaps not yet implemented?

Date: July 26, 2008 03:36PM

You can found this in old User's Guide:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/manual/kmeleon-prefs.html
kmeleon.plugins.layers.style

Type: Integer
Default: 2

This preference controls the style of the layers bar buttons. The style is a combination (sum) of one or more of:

1 gray
2 pressed
4 non-flat
8 *bold*

Also you can found a more recent version in LayersPlugin wiki page in Reference Manual.

But this to old layers (1.1.X) i don't know if this is equivalent or fully implement in new tabs (1.5).

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2008 05:35PM by desga2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.