General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to import Opera bookmarks
Posted by: rmmarsh
Date: July 28, 2008 04:25PM

Sorry for the lame question, but I have looked and looked and can not find out exactly how to import my Opera bookmarks.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to import Opera bookmarks
Posted by: desga2
Date: July 28, 2008 09:59PM
Posted by: paularoid
Date: July 28, 2008 11:38PM

I use the Jetlinks program. Works like a charm. Just do a search for it and you'll find it.

Date: July 29, 2008 01:42AM

Unbelievable! how simple... and it works like a champ... thanks to both of you... now, one more question: is there anyway I can have them always displayed like in Firefox and Opera?

Posted by: paularoid
Date: July 29, 2008 02:28AM

rmmarsh
Unbelievable! how simple... and it works like a champ... thanks to both of you... now, one more question: is there anyway I can have them always displayed like in Firefox and Opera?

If what you're talking about is having the bookmarks both be shared as you can have with Firefox and K-Meleon sharing the same set of bookmarks, then no. I don't know if that can be done. I don't believe it can but I could very well be mistaken and stand to be corrected. When you add or subtract a bookmark in one browser (Opera or K-Meleon) you'll have to shut down, fire up Jetlinks, and do the transfer from one to the other before the bookmark or lack of one will appear in the other browser.

Again, I stand (and ask) to be corrected (and instructed) if you can have them both "share" the same bookmark set simultaneously and instantly.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 29, 2008 04:05AM

You can activate: Netscape Bookmarks, IE Favorites and Opera Hotlist plugin side by side (each a modular plugin = I have Bookmarks and Favorites activated - but I also used hotlist plugin additionally when I used Opera more often then now smiling smiley. IE Favorites are found automatically. With the others K-Meleon can AFAIK be directed to the files that represent these lists (Opera.adr, bookmarks.html for Netscape bookmarks). Then K-Meleon can share them. AFAIK Firefox bookmarks are supported in an older version that is used by Firefox 2 and earlier.

Hope that are the answers what You want.
Sorry if I missunderstood - just back from night shift.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2008 04:06AM by guenter.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 29, 2008 09:05AM

I think that our friend rmmarsh like says in Bookmarks toolbar.

Yes you can enabled Opera bookmark toolbar (Hotlist) in Hotlist -> Options -> Hotlist Toolbar

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2008 09:18AM by desga2.

Date: July 29, 2008 03:53PM

No, I didn't want the toolbar... I want like a second window on the left which shows all of my bookmarks (like Firefox displays it's bookmarks), rather than the dropdown as it is now...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.