General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
AdblockPlus does not work properly in 1.5 version
Posted by: elkanguro
Date: August 09, 2008 09:35PM

Hi,

I've just installed a new version of K-Meleon. I have problems with ads. I can't get rid of them! I managed to run ABP but it blocks nothing. When I click with Left Mouse Button on red ABP icon nothing happens. When I click with right mouse button, it is context menu showed, but menu PREFERENCES does not work and when I check ENABLE ADBLOCK PLUS automatically DISABLE ON THIS PAGE ONLY is chcecked and the one above but it is empty line.

Do you know what to do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AdblockPlus does not work properly in 1.5 version
Posted by: desga2
Date: August 09, 2008 10:09PM

Are you tried install AdblockPlus from K-Meleon Extensions page?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 09, 2008 10:37PM

My thanx go to the Adblock plus devs for their support.
See http://adblockplus.org/development-builds/?pg=2 for news

& elkanguro maybe do a .pl or kashubian version of 1.5 when waiting for anything smiling smiley
- or do like desgas2 who has finished with .es & gives answers now/heresmiling smiley
greetings to .PL and .ES from .DE

Posted by: elkanguro
Date: August 09, 2008 11:49PM

@desga2:
I exactly installed it from that page, and then tried to download from official firefox addons page and overwrite files but it also did not help

@guenter:
Do I understand you correct? You suggest me to do a polish version of K-Meleon? Nice proposal but I am not a developer, programmer or even webmaster. I never did such things and I do not know how to do it.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: August 10, 2008 12:16AM

i suggest you install it from palant's site: http://adblockplus.org/en/kmeleon (adblockplus.org/en/kmeleon)
i think the one on juju;s works best with 1.1.x

also, i'd advise you to remove all files from your previous adblockplus installation.. like the chrome/jar file, nsadblock.js from components folder etc.. just make sure it's a 'clean' install.

i installed the version from palant's site and it works flawlessly here on 1.5, so it shouldn't give you any problems

Posted by: gvgerman
Date: August 10, 2008 02:57AM

Do a clean install of K-M and create a new profile. Then install AdblockPlus.

Either Alain's version (Jujuland) or Palant's version will work.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 10, 2008 10:16AM

As AdblockPlus doesn't use kmm file, there is no reason it works with previous version and not this one. It can't be due to my setup.

As gvgerman says, you perhaps have something wrong in your profile.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 10, 2008 05:41PM

elkanguro
@guenter:
Do I understand you correct? You suggest me to do a polish version of K-Meleon?

I thought that translating would help You to be less restless when something is not finished yet smiling smiley

elkanguro
Nice proposal but I am not a developer, programmer or even webmaster.

Translations are done by the end users with that language not by a developer, programmer or even webmaster! Polish versions used to exist for 0.9 when translations were hard to do because PPL had to edit strings inside of the macros.

elkanguro
I never did such things and I do not know how to do it.

AFAIK The skill needed is that You speak English (or a language into which K-Meleon is translated already). And that You use a text editor that can write UTF8 (PSPad is such an editor).

Info at localization page.

Brief summary. Much is in kmeleon.kml. A definition file.
Its de-DE version starts like.

# K-Meleon Localization (version 1.5, encoding must be UTF-8)

OK=OK
Cancel=Abbrechen
Close=Schließen

You would place You translation where the German is now. English stays.

Chrome translations are in the *.dtd. Inside they look like.

<!ENTITY prefDialog.title "Einstellungen">
<!ENTITY prefDialog.close.label "Schließen">

dtd are also utf8.

The translator uses the dtd from a language that he understands & overwrites only the bold words with words from his own language. In this case they were overwritten with German.

Many chrome part translations are imported from SeaMonkey or Extensions with that language. You take e.g. an existing K-Meleon de-DE.jar (or the one that comes with localisation resource download) and Polish Seamonkey, Console2 ... chromes. You unzip the jars and compare with a 2 window/pane file manager what is inside. You overwrite German files with ones You find inside Polish chromes and that have the same name. Those You do not find must be translated by You. These are mainly the files for the kmprefs. When You are finished You change folder names from de-DE (or whatever) to pl-PL and rezip.

In some dll You can change strings with a special editor.

K-Meleon can use partly finished translations without problem. You could e.g. only do the things that are used frequently or that are hard to understand without translation and leave the rest in English.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.