General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to middle click link so it opens in background?
Posted by: Ed L.
Date: August 10, 2008 09:19PM

Hello guys, sorry if this answer is very obvious, but this topic regularly comes up from time to time...

In k-meleon versions before 1.5, I would just alter a text file (I think it was accel.cfg) to make this happen. Now I can't find where I can change this setting.

This is also a side question, but since K-Meleon 1.5 is supposed to have 'true tabbing', why can't I drag and drop tabs anywhere on the tab bar like I can in Opera or Firefox? The program produces another copy of the tab which doesn't save form information.

Anyways, thanks for the timely release!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to middle click link so it opens in background?
Posted by: Terry
Date: August 10, 2008 09:43PM

In answer to your first query, I believe all your have to do is click on Tools-Mouse Accelerators and choose Firefox or Seamonkey.

Posted by: Ed L.
Date: August 10, 2008 10:31PM

huh, that worked, but i think that's too obscure a name for that setting.

Posted by: datiswous
Date: August 10, 2008 11:01PM

Strange anough I overlouked this tread when I posted in this

Aha so you can do this in 2 ways. You can find the file accel.cfg by going to menu Edit -> Configuration -> Accelerators

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 11, 2008 12:20PM

Read more info about this settings in FAQ.

Ed L.
This is also a side question, but since K-Meleon 1.5 is supposed to have 'true tabbing', why can't I drag and drop tabs anywhere on the tab bar like I can in Opera or Firefox? The program produces another copy of the tab which doesn't save form information.

This works in two ways, when you move the tab to free tab bar space this generate a clone tab, but if you move over other tab this changed his possitions.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2008 12:25PM by desga2.

Posted by: catB
Date: September 04, 2008 01:02PM

I was wondering why it would clone the tab when I do a drag&drop at the end of the tabs. here I found the answer.

now, is it possible to disable this behavior of cloning the tab I drag, and to do only a move, if I drop the tab at the end of the tabs?

Catherine.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: September 04, 2008 03:08PM

if you drag the tab and move it inside the last tab (asif you're dragging it into the last tab).. this will move your current tab to the end of the tabs bar and move the ex-last tab a step backwards.

Posted by: pr0fessor
Date: September 12, 2008 07:43PM

Tools > Mouse Accelerators > Opera 9.2 is working too

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.