I have uploaded to Rapidshare a new unofficial variation version :
This is an adapted variation of K-Meleon 1.5 ,
usable in Linux together with Wine , or also in Windows,
updated to Mozilla 220.127.116.11pre using Gecko/20080716.
* This version works only if you have the files msvcp71.dll
and msvcr71.dll in your system or in your K-Meleon folder.
If you need these dll's, look for them in the internet .
If necessary in Linux, copy the files manually to the K-Meleon main folder.
* In Linux the URL bar is only usable with more recent wine versions.
If you are using an older wine version, use the URL button to open an URL prompt.
* Real Tabs are now implemented. Tabs are now usable in Linux too, while
Layers were not working well.
* NoScript extension included. Thanks to Giorgio Maone (http://maone.net), jujuland and desga2.
* AdblockPlus extension included. Thanks to Wladimir Palant (http://adblockplus.org), and jujuland.
* Many additional Search Engines in the menu bar, opening in a new window.
* Newsfox RSS collection for English, German and French newspapers and Linux newssites added.
* You can delete Newsfox Groups of unwanted languages to avoid long loading times.
* Keyboard shortcuts:
Page back : (right)ctrl + left arrow
Page forward : (right)ctrl + right arrow
Close Window : (right)ctrl + down arrow
Go to home : (right)ctrl + up arrow
The profiles folder will be created inside the K-Meleon main folder by default.
If, when in Linux, you want this folder inside the wine configuration directory
because of property rights problems, rename the file profile.ini
inside the K-Meleon main folder to for example profile.ini-renamed
before the first start.
Download as zip file at :
or as tarball for Linux at :