General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Ebay browsing near impossible!
Posted by: tog
Date: August 13, 2008 10:11AM

Has anyone had problems with K Meleon & Ebay? I have been using K Meleon for about 6 months but just recently it has gone from being the best ebay browser to the worst ever! It takes up to 2-3 minutes to go from one page to another! The error console is full of errors. "VJO is not defined" "Ebay is not defined" "version split is not a function" "syntax error" & tons of different "Parsing errors" "Unknown property filter declaration dropped" "error in parsing value for property "White space" declaration dropped. I have no idea what is causing this & what any of it means. I have asked K meleon direct but have not had an answer for 2 months! Please can someone help? Email me back on tog@audisca.com as I don't know how all this works. I'm just trying to sell on eBay biut it's turned into a nightmare!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ebay browsing near impossible!
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 13, 2008 11:37AM

This is the help forum - You ask here and get answer here.

No directer place than this - it is contra productive when any here answers per mail - because then only You can read the answer and the next person with the same problem needs another answer (Reason for this way: a Question may become a FAQ).

Means that Ebay uses sloppy pages now. This should effect other browsers such as Firefox also.

You can toggle Console from error collecting at ebay at Console > Options > Domain Blocking verwalten (from German menus: I do not know in English). This can save some resources but does not solve the problem. The problem are probably the grave errors.

Could You post an example URL where You encountered the problem?

p.s. I notified You of the answer & will remove Your mail nr. from post body tomorrow.

I get spam ever since I left my mail in some forum post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2008 11:38AM by guenter.

Date: August 13, 2008 03:29PM

I tried to notify You - You have no valid e-mail so I may even as well leave the mail nr. You best give e-bay page example & react here.
Else I remove Your complaint on Sunday.

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<mtog@audisca.com>
(reason: 550 <mtog@audisca.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table)

Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 13, 2008 08:09PM

tog..i think you might have a better ebay experience if you install adblockplus..
i don't use ebay but i did browse the site with km 1.5 without any problems.. it's a bit slower compared to other sites but that's how it's coded.. so regardless of the browser that's how it will render.. maybe if you install adblockplus(removes ads and ad scripts from websites); ebay will load better.

adblockplus: http://adblockplus.org/en/kmeleon

Posted by: Panzer
Date: August 14, 2008 10:44AM

When I use Reuters.com and want to click on page 2,3 or view article on single page,I can do that only when i disable NoScript. If I enable NoScript and if I add this page on white list and click on continued on next page, nothing happens.

Do I have to disable NoScript every time I use Reuters or is the another cure?

Date: August 14, 2008 12:47PM

@Panzer - I hope for You that the extension authors fix this bug until then You have no other cure ( desgas2 is AFAIK still maintaining/updating the extension's K-Meleon adaption, so it will come to K-Meleon too when it is fixed, check for updates ).

Posted by: Panzer
Date: August 15, 2008 08:51AM

OK. Thanx.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.