General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
how do i export my bookmarks to my data drive?
Posted by: power-user
Date: August 21, 2008 12:15PM

I have problem with my pc so i need export mt k-meleon bookmarks to my data drive,
I can do in firefox and ie , flock, seamonkey but how do i do in k-meleon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how do i export my bookmarks to my data drive?
Posted by: Terry
Date: August 21, 2008 01:17PM

Depending on how you installed K-M, the best bet is to simpy copy bookmarks.html to wherever you want to store it. Generally, if you did the multi-user install, using Windows Explorer manuever to \Documents and Settings\"yourname"\Application Data\K-Meleon\default\funnynumber\. Just copy this to your "data drive".

Posted by: kko
Date: August 21, 2008 02:28PM

Just open Edit > Configuration > Profile Directory. There you should find your bookmarks.html file.

Posted by: nickart
Date: August 22, 2008 12:39AM

I'm having the same problem. I've tried both the above directories but they ain't there. Where the hell is K-meleon hiding them?

Date: August 22, 2008 04:27AM

Bring up Windows Explorer. Make sure you are in the C:\ or root directory. Click on the Search Button and under Find all files and folders type in bookmarks.html.

This will give you the location of all your bookmarks.html whether they belong to K-M or Firefox or Seamonkey or whatever. Just look at the various directories and you'll be able to track them down.

Posted by: nickart
Date: August 22, 2008 07:05AM

My current K-Meleon bookmarks are bookmarks I've imported from Opera plus the bookmarks I've added since this import. The bookmarks in the directories listed above, which are the same as the ones found via the search you describe, do not correspond to my current K-Meleon boomarks. The former bookmarks are a mere 4KB whereas the ones from Opera are 172KB.

Date: August 22, 2008 02:06PM

@nickart - did you actually use Windows Explorer to search as per the instructions given?

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: August 22, 2008 03:43PM

A suggestion. In about:config, enter 'bookmarkfile' (without quotes) in the filter.

soccerfan

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 22, 2008 07:31PM

Better read the FAQ Documentation: