General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
History -- double-click opening
Posted by: Nestea
Date: August 28, 2008 10:35AM

Hi, how do I open history entries in a new tab by double-clicking them (in background or not). Either this option is not available or I can't find it.

Great improvements have been made in 1.5.0. Full Screen is working properly, there's only one configuration menu smiling smiley and other stuff I can't think of right now. Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: History -- double-click opening
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 28, 2008 10:57AM

Edit > Show History > a panel with history items opens: double click opens active item - single click or touch expends/activate items that contain subitems.

Generally - in menus: You can also try the "right click" (the right click menus are context sensitive You find new ones in new contexts. Some Keys such as delete or insert are functional in some edit menus e.g. in edit bookmarks, F3 will search... )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2008 10:58AM by guenter.

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 28, 2008 12:58PM

View -> History (or right click in History toolbar icon) -> View History
Select history item you like and right click show context menu to open in current tab or in background tab.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Nestea
Date: August 29, 2008 09:52AM

I forgot I posted.

I was about to post something else but it seems I have run into some minor bugs, I think.
Okay. Please, go to F2> Browsing> Tab General> ... and select Netscape Bookmarks> In a new tab (In background).
Click on Bookmarks (in the menu bar) and click any bookmark. A new tab opened in the background.
Now, press Ctrl+B and double click any entry. The already opened tab has been replaced.

Is this a bug?

IIRC this behaviour was different in 1.1.6.

edit:Hmm, weird. Same thing happens in 1.1.5 and 1.1.6. I could have sworn it was different.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2008 10:32AM by Nestea.

Posted by: kko
Date: August 30, 2008 01:07PM

Nestea
Please, go to F2> Browsing> Tab General> ... and select Netscape Bookmarks> In a new tab (In background).
Click on Bookmarks (in the menu bar) and click any bookmark. A new tab opened in the background.
Now, press Ctrl+B and double click any entry. The already opened tab has been replaced.

Is this a bug?

No. The options where to open bookmarks (and whith which mouse button - see Bookmarks > Options) effect the Bookmarks menu and the Bookmarks toolbar only, not the Bookmarks manager (Ctrl+cool smiley.

Nestea
IIRC this behaviour was different in 1.1.6.

No.

Posted by: pr0fessor
Date: May 17, 2009 11:00AM

how to make by default (left moude click) open history links in new tab

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.