General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How can you edit the address bar urls
Posted by: slystone
Date: September 02, 2008 01:48AM

My address bar has urls that are mistyped and things like all kinds of code words that i don't use. I have the normal fuctioning address bar that doesn't load history. I just want to go in and take out the bad urls. Delete them. How do i do that? In Ie7 all you do is move the good urls up, the bad ones go to the bottom and as you enter more the bar only holds so many then they are deleted. Do I make sense? The browsers like foxfire, k-meleon, opera, the urls stay where they were typed in so you have to edit them if that bugs you.

Second I find that urls site icons are blue in the address bar until they are entered and then they show the sites icons. What I'm seeing is that some have changed to show the sites icons all the time. Do we have any control making them all change? On bookmarks about 45% of them have changed. The blue blob is kinda bad. I like seeing the k-meleon dragon.NOT

Ok I have opera on my desk top and have used foxfire before. I've got both k-meleon and opera so tweaked that I'm getting scared to keep messing with them. Opera is just as fast as k-meleon. I didn't have foxfire 3.0 long enough to know if it could match these two. My plan was to install Foxfire 3.0 two weeks ago but since k-meleon is getting into the sites i need it to, I've said why install foxfire. That could change if k-meleon crashes then I install ff. But if I would guess I think k-meleon is faster than foxfire 3.0. It's lighter and doesn't have so much junk in it that will slow you down, then again that's why most peole like FF. I do think it comes down to how many tweaks do you know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can you edit the address bar urls
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 02, 2008 05:47AM

1.) The MRU list is stored in Prefs.js and that can be edited when K-Meleon is closed. Any editor will do. It is plain text. But i am lazy - I clear the list via Privacy when I mistyped.

2.) The blue icon in URL bar is default.ico of Phoenity (You can rename any pretty dragon ico to use the name: default.ico - some other skins have dragons). The sites Favicon.ico <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" /> is invoced by the sites code. K-Meleon just reads the code.

The bookmarks.html blue blob and other symbols are from bookmarks.bmp (they start counting @ 0 on the left - the position decides what is what ). You would edit the picture with graphic program to Your liking.

K-Meleon stores icons of sites and bookmarks in IconCache.dat.

You will see the true speed of GRE 1.9.x (used in FF 3) when K-Meleon moves there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 05:49AM by guenter.

Re: How can you edit the address bar urls
Posted by: slystone
Date: September 02, 2008 07:30PM

When you say that we will see k-meleons true speed when GRE 1.9 is done. You don't think ti's fast right now??? I've got it smooking. it's so fast it enters a site and come out the other side. It's so fast I click on it and i lose it. It's so fast when i use it I have to keep a bucket of water for my computer. I'm ready, thanks.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.