General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-Meleon privacy policy
Posted by: kartal
Date: September 03, 2008 05:30PM

Hi,

Happy K-meleon user here. But I want to read what privacy policy is regarding K-meleon usage. Is there any available, I cannot find it.

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2008 05:30PM by kartal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon privacy policy
Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 03, 2008 06:11PM

Check out the link to GNU General Public License here. http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/FAQ#whatskm

Posted by: kartal
Date: September 03, 2008 06:20PM

JamesD I know Gnu licence. That is rather to do with the code and distribution. I was wondering if any privacy policy is set for K-meleon regarding online browsing. I am sure that no online behaviour is collected(except K-meleon servers maybe) by KM team. I just wanted to see if any policy is set concrete.

thanks

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 03, 2008 08:48PM

I cannot think of anything that goes back to KM team except error report. Been so long since I had an error, I can't remember. I think the user had to choose to send the error data. The word "console" comes to mind along with this subject. Maybe someone eles can remember how that worked.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 04, 2008 04:51AM

K-Meleon code is GNU - anyone can check it - there are no hidden monitors.

The K-Meleon team has no means to gather any info about users.
K-Meleon is set to load a local page on Your PC on its first start (Unlike Firefox google counter, Opera home counter, IE MS Home counter, or Safari home counter sad smiley).

SourceForge.net gathers statistical info how many K-Meleon were downloaded.
They pay for the download so they can have it smiling smiley. SF has a privacy page.

A LiveHTPHeader plugin was adapted for K-Meleon & exist as download @ K-Meleon extension page - You can peak into info exchanges.

A K-Meleon plugin for error reports of betas exists. You have to opt in for any single error report to be sent when the error occurred, You can look into the info that will be sent and You have to intentionally install the plugin.

A notifier informs users about updates. The update checker plugin is on by default. It checks a web location once per week.

IMHO none here would infringe "privacy policy regarding K-meleon usage" so I am not sure any bothered to write about it. But the K-Meleon Wiki is big - so I am not sure.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.