General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: [Gecko 1.9.1] K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 Beta3
Posted by: Arrow
Date: December 22, 2008 09:01PM

I just tried and could copy passwords directly over into RC1 profile
It is a file with .s extension but not cookies it is txt file in 0.85 and a .sqlite file in RC1

I tried simply changing the extension on the .85 cookie.txt to .sqlite but that didn't work - lol

But if you have the passes in RC1 it is very easy to get the cookies. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 09:02PM by Arrow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jmillar
Date: December 23, 2008 12:58AM

@desga2

(quote)
Change this pref value to false for change to "Show scrolling arrow":
kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.menuAutoDetect
(end quote)

That did the trick! Desga, you are truly a wizard. Together with Hao's help this has really got me going! I'm going to use CCFME intensively for a while. You certainly know k-meleon inside-out!

BTW what GRE version does the RC of CCFME have? It is indeed speedy. Very, very impressive.

It seems to dislike having people moving around with the taskbars. It loses the configuration when restarted and the profile folder has to be deleted and recreated. It's best to leave them as they are when installed. No problems then.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 23, 2008 06:25AM

jmillar
BTW what GRE version does the RC of CCFME have? It is indeed speedy. Very, very impressive.

CCF use new Gecko 1.9 engine (like Firefox3 and Seamonkey2) instead old Gecko 1.8.1.x in K-Meleon official release (Firefox2 and Seamonkey 1.1.x).

Gecko 1.9 isn't compatible with Gecko 1.8.1.x.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: December 23, 2008 02:48PM

I know. smiling smiley I asked because help->about doesn't give the usual GRE info. Is it 1.9.0.5? (FF 3.0.5)

Can I make it my secure default browser or should I just play with it to betatest it?

Date: December 23, 2008 04:58PM

@ jmillar:

I would wait until the CCF 0.09 final version to do it default browser.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 04:59PM by desga2.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: December 23, 2008 05:08PM

desga2
@ jmillar:

err... I 'll wait until Gecko 1.9.1 final officially release...

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 23, 2008 05:53PM

jmillar
Can I make it my secure default browser or should I just play with it to betatest it?

Hao Jiang
desga2
@ jmillar:

err... I 'll wait until Gecko 1.9.1 final officially release...

I'd use new ones for all except banking tongue sticking out smiley

Actually I often use CCFsn and other fairly stable K-M.exes for 1.9.1.
They are good work horses no play toys.
The extra speed gives me extra surfing.

For banking and other security sensitive work and pages?
I start a new, fresh session in a K-Meleon that is updated to the newest 1.8.x GRE that I can get. After I am finished I close this session and start another browser or session.

The extra speed is not relevant here since I visit only one or two pages anyway.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 05:57PM by guenter.

Date: December 23, 2008 08:22PM

RC2 updated with several fixes on searchbar and drag and drop search encoindg problem.

Re: 【Download】 K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 RC0
Date: December 24, 2008 04:20AM

Thanks for RC2 Hao it really flies - very impressive!
Plus new drag and drop is much better.

Last session still loads too many tabs - is it an ongoing bug or something that only happens to me? (feedback from anyone appreciated)

Date: December 24, 2008 06:55AM

There is a bug opened about this: #1060

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 07:02PM by desga2.

Date: December 24, 2008 12:35PM

Thanks for confirmation Desga2

Posted by: Gerasimb
Date: December 25, 2008 06:44PM

Thanks for great work on CCF!
Hao Jiang
I forgot to mention one function in this version. When you press CTRL and click the image, the image will be automatically saved to save folder set in the preference.
Can this be changed to a double-click left mouse button?

Re: [Gecko 1.9.1] K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 Beta3smiling smiley
Date: December 25, 2008 11:11PM

desga2
@ jmillar:

Change this pref value to false for change to "Show scrolling arrow":
kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.menuAutoDetect

Or for "Force spillover after" to defined entry number you like in pref:
kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.maxMenuLength

The trouble has cropped up again with CCFME RC2, and this time the above solution didn't work.
The bookmark entry has disappeared again from the right-click on the config icon and the chevron shows a thin useless line once more on 800x600 screens.

There is no direct access to 'about:config' from the URL bar. By design? A feature of 1.9.1? Has the syntax changed? Any technical reason for not choosing a more flexible/tolerant config option by default?

Back to Dorian's with Fred's upgrade for now. Sorry to miss the SPEED. smiling smiley

Date: December 26, 2008 12:59AM

These are ccfme versions,

me= minimal edition to increase speed and responsiveness, hence omission of features that slow things down

To quote Hao

This is K-MeleonCCF ME which is a non-XUL structured K-Meleon. It doesn't support XUL, so there is no about:config

'about:config' uses xul which slows things down, likewise Advanced Preferences uses xul

Date: December 26, 2008 05:49PM

Arrow
These are ccfme versions,

me= minimal edition to increase speed and responsiveness, hence omission of features that slow things down

To quote Hao

This is K-MeleonCCF ME which is a non-XUL structured K-Meleon. It doesn't support XUL, so there is no about:config

'about:config' uses xul which slows things down, likewise Advanced Preferences uses xul

Thanks, Arrow. It's always good to learn new things from the wizards. It's easy to forget that 'standard' K-Meleon DOES have XUL for certain things, and hence, support for about: config. 'Flat files' are ok with me. I've been computing since the 80's and the CPM OS. :-)

Many thanks to you all, Hao, Dorian, Fred, Desga, Guenter, Boissonade, yourself,
and I hate to leave out ALL the others that have contributed such a fantastic web browser in all its various flavors and variants, and who are SO helpful and so friendly guiding the profane and uninitiated through the arcana that so fascinates us.

I've been using K-Meleon for many years, (and FF since it was Phoenix), and I still learn new things all the time from all of you.

To you all, my gratitude, a very merry christmas, happy celebrations and all the best for the coming year.

Date: December 28, 2008 04:52PM

Cookies

Has anyone tried Cookie Monster with these recent versions because although I set the profile path as is usual, it is not detecting RC2 cookies?

CCFME0.085 with it's different cookie storage method is detected fine.

We definitely need a way of saving needed cookies from deletion. it is too tedious going through a list in ccfme's cookie viewer every time.

Nor are all cookie being blocked when set to "do not allow cookies"
I visited the LA times or CNN and they both set cookies.

Date: December 31, 2008 10:38PM

cmau
I was able to convert AdblockPlus to this K-meleon. It has no adding, GUI, subscriptions or object tabbing but any existing AdblockPlus pattern file can be used. It should also be possible to use Lua or Javascript to add GUI for adding patterns, and maybe a way to reload the pattern file without restarting.

The advantage this version has over Adblock in CCF, is that it's faster, doesn't use CSS and saves bandwidth.

This experimental version can be downloaded from here

http://rapidshare.de/files/41173383/adblock-plsu-ccfme-nogui.zip.html

To install, unzip the file in a separate folder and copy the files to respective directories in K-MeleonCCF directory. I've also included a test pattern file which should disable CSS/images/frames on all the sites, except this forum.

I 'm thinking to write a corresponding lua GUI for this adblock plus but right now I have no idea on how to reload the pattern.ini without restarting K-Meleon. Any ideas?

Date: January 01, 2009 05:58PM

There isn't a JavaScript function in AdBlockPlus to reload this file (pattern.ini)?
How is reloaded this file in the official K-Meleon extension?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: January 02, 2009 09:35AM

Hao, thx for the beautiful RC2 version. My https problems with the former version are solved. I still have problems though with Windows Live Hotmail. I get the mailbox allright but as soon as I want to open a message in the status bar appears the message 'c._old display' and nothing happens, I can't open nor delete anything. Am I alone with that? Another thing: the AdblockPlus - as suggested in a former message - doesn't work with me. Can anyone help?

Thx and to all a very Happy New Year,

Mala Okeh

Posted by: cmau
Date: January 03, 2009 07:24PM

Hao, I've uploaded a version where the patterns file can be restarted by going to abp:// . There could be a better way to do this, but not sure how to call XPCOM from Lua or from Kmeleon. It might be possible to do ajax call to abp:// but I haven't tested this.

http://rapidshare.de/files/41268640/adblock-ccfme-nogui-2.zip.html

Date: January 04, 2009 05:31AM

cmau
Hao, I've uploaded a version where the patterns file can be restarted by going to abp:// . There could be a better way to do this, but not sure how to call XPCOM from Lua or from Kmeleon. It might be possible to do ajax call to abp:// but I haven't tested this.

wow!!! abp:// works great!

And I 'm writing a basic GUI in ccfme version to adapt this adblockplus plugin and so far so good. It's working like a charm. Thank you very much for your work.

Date: January 04, 2009 09:50PM

RC3 pre updated with adblock plus testing version included.

Date: January 05, 2009 07:30PM

Last RC version RC3 updated

Posted by: thoni
Date: January 06, 2009 06:13AM

I think proxy auto configuration script (PAC) option, need to be added to proxy configuration of kmeleonCCF, like other ( Kmeleon, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc ).

Date: January 06, 2009 06:59AM

thoni
I think proxy auto configuration script (PAC) option, need to be added to proxy configuration of kmeleonCCF, like other ( Kmeleon, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc ).

OK. I'll consider this in the final release.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 06, 2009 09:31AM

Hao, please consider to use the attached plugins.html. thx for reading my post.

p.s. Congratualtions for CCF version to all devs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 11:50AM by guenter.

Attachments: plugins.html (5.1 KB)  
Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: January 06, 2009 11:20AM

Hao, thx again for all your efforts. I wanted to let you know that the problem of https - resolved in RC2 - has resourged again. The problem of hotmail / windows live mail still exists. I know these items are perhaps not essential but it would be nice if they were solved.

Thx in advance,

Mala Okeh

Date: January 08, 2009 03:24AM

This thread is getting kindof long. So I decided to move the Final version to a new thread here:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,87666

smiling smiley Hope you like this way.

Date: January 09, 2009 04:47PM

cmau

It seems that such abp rules not working in this version like:

#DIV(id^=ad_)
#DIV(class^=ad_)

Any chance to get these rules working?

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.