Re: integrate Orbit with K-Meleon
Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 28, 2008 09:46AM

cheers desga, that was very well written.. i can only imagine the time and effort it took.

mcky's engine works identical to ahk.. the list is the same.

here are the few mishaps
1. the grab link doesn't work, i think the problem is with the macro. grab is an exe on its own, it's not related to orbitdm.exe at execution. also grab.exe does not accept url parameters.. it just has to open to monitor the pages.

Grab{
menugrayed=($_Orbit_CommandLine=="");
macroinfo=_("Download with Grab++");
$_Orbit_Grab=sub("orbitdm","grab",$_Orbit_CommandLine);
exec(sub("%1",$LinkURL,$_Orbit_Grab));

}

i think should be simpler:
Grab{
exec($_Orbit_Path"\\grab.exe");
}

and perhaps better to place grab link in the page context menu instead of popup for savelink

2. in case orbit isn't installed and one has to set path manually, kmeleon must be restarted or it will display a syntax error(orbit.exe <url>)during the session and will keep forgetting path; so a restart after path set is essential and maybe a notification to restart would be nice but that's not all too important because almost all people will have orbit installed and path will be read from the registry.

3. generating a list takes a while(maybe 15-20 seconds) and i think i understand the reason for that.. to give time before execution of orbit to make sure the list will be generated properly even on the most full pages. at first one doesn't know if it's working or failed, a progress bar or dialog:'generating list, please wait..' will be a nice addition.

thanks again degas, this is absolutely marvellous.

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 28, 2008 04:39PM

disrupted
1. the grab link doesn't work, i think the problem is with the macro. grab is an exe on its own, it's not related to orbitdm.exe at execution. also grab.exe does not accept url parameters.. it just has to open to monitor the pages.

Grab{
$_Orbit_Grab=sub("orbitdm","grab",$_Orbit_CommandLine);
exec(sub("%1",$LinkURL,$_Orbit_Grab));
}
i think should be simpler:
Grab{
exec($_Orbit_Path"\\grab.exe");
}

and perhaps better to place grab link in the page context menu instead of popup for savelink

I'm sorry but I didn't tested it. I think that Grab++ is a multimedia downloader for web pages and need that you send an URL as parameter.
(This lines of code are from old Alain's macro.)
I'll studied how this work and I'll changed his context menu location.

disrupted
2. in case orbit isn't installed and one has to set path manually, kmeleon must be restarted or it will display a syntax error(orbit.exe <url>)during the session and will keep forgetting path; so a restart after path set is essential and maybe a notification to restart would be nice but that's not all too important because almost all people will have orbit installed and path will be read from the registry.

K-Meleon restart isn't needed. I think that the problen is that I send parameters without quotes. If you path have a blank space parameter is considered as two parameters, and three parameters show a syntax error.
Can you post a screen capture about this syntax error and post your Orbit path?
This work without restart for me.

disrupted
3. generating a list takes a while(maybe 15-20 seconds) and i think i understand the reason for that.. to give time before execution of orbit to make sure the list will be generated properly even on the most full pages. at first one doesn't know if it's working or failed, a progress bar or dialog:'generating list, please wait..' will be a nice addition.

OrbitLister.exe need download the web page for extract links, this can take a little time if you have a dial conexion or webpage server conexion is bad (chinesse web for example).
But I don't tried it with big web pages with a lot of links.
Can you post your test webpage links with this extended times?
Anyway I think this will improve with my new engine.

Thanks disrupted for your test and feedback. smiling smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2008 04:43PM by desga2.

Date: November 28, 2008 08:03PM

nah.. this is not connection related. this was on dsl, i also tested it on dialup/modem..there is no difference in time. the thing is orbitlister.tmp is generated instantly.. and then it takes quite a while to do the conversion to orbitlister.lst and there was no connection activity to assume problem with connection or server. on a very basic page it took more than a minute. there's something stalling it to do the conversion right away.. it could be something with my security/restriction policies but the file wasn't created in the temp folder so i can't really say.. i don't know if the problem is related to my orbit path which is problem 2.

the path is i:\applications\applications-x\orbitdm\orbit.exe
when i first set it in tools it assumes c:\program files but when i try to use it gives a syntax error.. i try to set it again and it points to c:\program files.
i initially thought that it would set after restarting but the problem occurred even after i restarted km.

i.e. if orbit isn't installed, i can only use it for 1 time after i set path; after that i have to set path all over again.

i'm beginning to think that all those problems are related to orbit not being installed. i will install it and see if it works as supposed.

please don't work on it any further until further testing is confirmed about the install thingy because if it works as it should with orbit properly installed then that what really matters.. all users will have orbit installed.. there aren't a lot of people like us desga who just extract files from setups smiling smiley

..and to be honest, i use 'download all' macro with getright, which is way less complex than orbit and uses a simple parameter to extract files(it uses own built-in browser).. i personally think it's orbit's author's responsibility to write the plugin properly for kmeleon; i'm getting tired of custom-integrating all those programs for km. km should get the support it deserves.

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ----------getrighter(download all with getright)--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies : -
# Resources : -
# Preferences : -
#
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

getrighter{
exec("G:\\PROGRA~1\\PROGRA~1\\GETRIG~1\\getright.exe /browse " .$URL);
}

getrighter_BuildMenu{
# page menu(contextmenu)
setmenu(DocumentSave,inline,getrighter_Page);
setmenu(getrighter_Page,macro,"Download All..",getrighter);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."getrighter_SetAccels;getrighter_BuildMenu;";

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."getrighter;";

here are snapshots you asked for

suntax error after setting path:

over 1 min to do the conversion from orbitlister.tmp to orbitlister.lst

Date: November 28, 2008 08:44PM

disrupted
please don't work on it any further until further testing is confirmed about the install thingy because if it works as it should with orbit properly installed then that what really matters.. all users will have orbit installed.. there aren't a lot of people like us desga who just extract files from setups

I don't think that your problems happend by this. As you said I also have Orbit not installed. And your Orbit path seems usual.
I did test with K-Meleon Home web page and only needed some seconds (2 or 3) in DSL line.

I haven't problems with path (only set once time) and not need restart K-Meleon.
(I noted this path problem in previus to first Beta version but I modified the macro file to fixed it):mad:

About your syntax problem (snapshots) OrbitLister.exe not detect two parameters correctly. First syntax error is showed when parameters number is minor than two.
(This can be a quote character problem in parameters)

The second prompt for URL is consecunce of the first problem with number of parameters. But this is very strange, because this prompt is showed if second parameter is an URL and this URL haven't ping response. :O

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 28, 2008 09:03PM

i really don't know either.. it is very strange.
i installed orbit in default location c:\program files
this fixed the path/syntax thing

however.. the delay is still the same.. which is really very weird because the orbitlister.tmp is created instantly after i select downloadall.. like you said 1-2 seconds or so.. and then it takes over a minute to finally do the conversion to orbitlister.lst. once the list is created then orbit's dialog pops right away.. so my problem is the time it takes to convert orbitlister.tmp > orbitlister.lst.. hopefully this problem is unique and only on my pc and it will work with others and with semental.

i'll try to get to the bottom of it and understand the reason behind the delay, but don't sweat it desga.. you've done a tremendous job.. this is a complicated macro and script. i wish we'd know the exact command to make orbit generate a list by its own like it does in firefox.. i think it reads the page from the cache which what makes it work smoothly and seamlessly.. the secret is probably in orbit's extension orbit.jar. i'll think i'll contact the author and ask him how exactly does orbit read the page right way in firefox and does the conversion.. if it can extract from firefox's cache then surely it can extract from kmeleon's own cache aswell.

Date: November 28, 2008 09:14PM

how about that smiling smiley

Date: November 29, 2008 07:06PM

BETA 2

Please report in this forum thread all your sugestions and bugs.

Download Orbit Downloader Extension

Engine: Mcky's Web Extractor v.1.35 modified to increase speed.

New in this Beta 2 respected before first Orbit Downloader Extension beta:

(About problems reported by disrupted, thanks!)

1) Change Grab++ context menu and exec it witout parameter. Pending, I can't Grab++ showed any link list in any webpage. Help? sad smiley

2) Syntax problem fixed in macro file. The variable lost the path in seconds executions of the macro. Now read it directly from the preferences.

3) Extended time to extrat links fixed. Little problem with engine that produced overrun of CPU (99%) now solved.

+ Added progress bar to extract links. (You can cancel extract process with ESC key)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2008 07:08PM by desga2.

Date: November 30, 2008 02:53PM

thanks desga

1- don't worry about grab++ just execute it normally from macro.. grab just needs to be configured for kmeleon(open grab>click on action button>menu>preferences>monitoring tab> select custom and browser>path to kmeleon.exe)

2. macro was completely fixed now it reads from preferences file.. without installing orbit, no problems whatsoever.

3. progress bar is great. the orbitlister.exe still takes a while.. this time, it takes time to make orbitlist.tmp but once orbitlist.tmp is created, orbitlist.lst is generated immediately.. so it just needs to shorten time delay to make orbitlist.tmp

Date: November 30, 2008 07:55PM

FINAL VERSION

Please report in this forum thread all your sugestions and bugs.

Download Orbit Downloader Extension

Engine: Mcky's Web Extractor v.1.35 modified to increase speed.

New in this release respected before Orbit Downloader Extension betas:

(About problems reported by disrupted, thanks!)

1) Changed Grab++ context menu and exec it witout parameter. FIXED

3) Extended time to download page fixed. Deleted some lines code added in beta2 that extended time to download webpage step.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: November 30, 2008 08:55PM

I would like to try this extension without installing orbit.

The extracted files from the orbit installer (using uniextract)
indicate the following grab-related files:

grab.exe
grabdll.dll
grabkernel.dll
grabpro.dll

@disrupted or desga2
Which of these files do I need?
Do I need any other files too?

Thanks.

soccerfan

Date: November 30, 2008 10:14PM

soccer, you need all files in orbit package for orbit to work properly.. just put them all in same folder 'orbit'. the only file you can do without is orbitmxt.dll. this is for ie and maxthon integration.

cheers desga. i'll test final version tomorrow- too tired now from testing 1.5.2RC

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: December 01, 2008 12:19AM

disrupted
soccer, you need all files in orbit package for orbit to work properly.. just put them all in same folder 'orbit'. the only file you can do without is orbitmxt.dll. this is for ie and maxthon integration.

Gotcha, disrupted!

soccerfan

Posted by: panzer
Date: December 10, 2008 03:28PM

How can I intergrate Download studio with Kmeleon?

Date: December 10, 2008 05:31PM

i can't test downloadstudio cause commercial.. very reluctant to try those time-limited programs but try this macro.. it works with almost all managers.. you'll just have to change the path to download studio path e.g. downloadstudio.exe

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ----------download studio test--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies : -
# Resources : -
# Preferences : -
#
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dstudio{
exec("I:\\applications\\FDM\\fdm.exe " .$LinkURL);
}

dstudio2{
exec("I:\\applications\\FDM\\fdm.exe " .$URL);
}

dstudio_BuildMenu{
# send page to,send link to
setmenu($_SendTo_Page,macro,"Studio Download",dstudio2);
setmenu($_SendTo_Link,macro,"Studio Download",dstudio);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."dstudio_SetAccels;dstudio_BuildMenu;";

$macroModules=$macroModules."dstudio;";

copy script to notepad, and save to macros folder as:
dstudio.kmm (make sure the file extension is kmm not .txt)
edit paths in red to where your downloadstudio.exe is located on your computer.

this will add 2 commands in page context and link context and passes the url to download studio, which should- as all downloadmanagers work- take it from there and process the file or files in the url.

Date: December 10, 2008 06:19PM

E:\\DownloadStudio\\DownloadStudio.exe or E:\\DownloadStudio\DownloadStudio.exe?

Date: December 10, 2008 06:46PM

this is correct: E:\\DownloadStudio\\DownloadStudio.exe
always use double backlash in macro paths

Date: December 20, 2008 10:45AM

I installed Download studio and then copied it on USB. But when used on USB on different comps (url sniffer), it wants a number of dll to be present in studio folder.

Where can I fina a programm that will tell me what dll were installed during dll install? I just hate it to when I go home, I take dll which is needed but the next time it asks me for another on. And so on ...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.