General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
new window: predefined size
Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 21, 2008 01:44PM

is it possible through the userstyle sheet or any other method to:
when selecting open in new window whilst browsing from a maximised window; to open that new window in a predefined size(width/height) so it doesn't open maximised like the main window(similar to old kmeleon 0.2).. but at the same time.. i don't want that defined size to affect tabbed browsing.. meaning when i select to open in a tab the new tab won't automatically resize my main window and also won't have any affect on a window if the page design itself has a window size set.

i.e. i want the window to open in a predefined size under one condition only:
when i select to open that new window from the context menu and only when my main window is maximised.(new window size is not a slave to the main window)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new window: predefined size
Posted by: desga2
Date: October 21, 2008 03:23PM

Do you like said as Help -> About K-Meleon, that open a new window with diferent size?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: October 21, 2008 03:52PM

yep, similar to that.. main thing, the new window shouldn't use the last window's size, especially when the main window is maximised.. i hate new windows opening maximised even when my previous window is maximised

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: October 21, 2008 04:45PM

i searched online but couldn't find any help.. i found similar enquiries but no (proper) answers
http://www.webmasterworld.com/firefox_browser/3428507.htm

Posted by: desga2
Date: October 21, 2008 05:06PM

I know that About K-Meleon page is open by Javascript code and that you can do this (i look it in others web pages) using JavaScript code to open the new window with you like size.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 22, 2008 07:48AM

i don't know.. that didn't work out, i added a script in the user stylesheet to resize windows to a specific width/height but instead, it threw the page design a little off centre and didn't change the window size.. like it affected the content and not the actual window.. for example in google's page, the search buffer and buttons all got shifted towards the left, it was an interesting layout actually.

obviously it's a gecko thing, i found this link discussing it and it doesn't seem possible to really alter the size of newly opened windows.. unless ofcourse it's a defined site or url like in the case of 'about k-meleon'
http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=1537

a work around was by using virtual dimension:
http://virt-dimension.sourceforge.net/ assigning kmeleon's windows to resize with vd works but ofcourse will affect pages with predefined sizes.. obviously not a great solution so skipped that.

anyways.. i rarely if ever select open in a new window so it's no biggie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.