General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-meleon portable on SanDisk U3
Posted by: darklink
Date: November 09, 2008 01:34PM

yesterday i bought a new SanDisk usb flash device, and i discovered the U3 smart drive. look here: U3.com
U3 as many functions and allows to load many applications from the flash device. Why don't you make a U3 version of K-meleon? I think it will really help to spread our browser...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-meleon portable on SanDisk U3
Posted by: panzer
Date: November 09, 2008 02:09PM

Does Kmeleon portable work on U3 or not?

Date: November 09, 2008 04:37PM

k-meleon portable obviously works on the device but it is not directly recognized by the U3 software, you have to explore the folders and launch K-meleon. I think someone should make a version fully copatible with U3 and make it avaible for the download on U3.com in order to spread K-meleon.

Posted by: frank
Date: November 10, 2008 03:29PM

darklink
k-meleon portable obviously works on the device but it is not directly recognized by the U3 software, you have to explore the folders and launch K-meleon.

On my USB stick, I click on 1 folder ( k-meleon portable ), then click on K-Meleon icon and I'm up and running K-Meleon 1.5.1 portable. Will U3 save me 1 click?

Date: November 11, 2008 09:08AM

frank

On my USB stick, I click on 1 folder ( k-meleon portable ), then click on K-Meleon icon and I'm up and running K-Meleon 1.5.1 portable. Will U3 save me 1 click?

I know that by this point of view making k-meleon for U3 is totally useless. I started this topic mainly for the k-meleon spreading campaign. If people go to U3.com and among the downloads they find K-melon next to firefox probably they will download it.

Posted by: Rapido
Date: November 12, 2008 06:37PM

Hi! Follow this instructions: https://u3.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/u3.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=121 or download this: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/PackageFactory-for-U3.shtml and you will get your own k-meleon.u3. I followed the instructions and got my own k-meleon1.5.1.u3 on my sandisk and it works. To make it easy just install maxthon on your U3 and then unzipped the maxthon.u3p file and then follow the instructions above.

Yours: Rapido

Date: November 12, 2008 06:39PM

Hi! Oh! i forgot uninstall maxthon when you have unzipped the file in message above it's nothing you want to have left on your sandisk.

Date: November 12, 2008 08:20PM

Hi! Here is another way to go: http://portableapps.com/ . With this you can use the portable versions of k-meleon.

Date: November 13, 2008 03:54PM

thank you Rapido. Can you tell me what files did you put in the folders called data, device, host, ecc..? now I think we should find a way to make it avaible on u3.com ithink we have to join the developer area of the site...but I think it's better if the developers of K-meleon make the registration...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 04:47PM by darklink.

Date: November 13, 2008 10:37PM

Hi! Well for starters you should use the k-meleon1.1.3 portable.zip. unzipped that version in to a directory you choose. Then put everything that is in that k-meleon directory to data and then you should copy k-meleon.exe and setdefault and profile.ini to host and finally in manifest you should put k-meleon.icon and a manifest.u3i file that you must create. But in order to create the manifest file you should take a look at maxthons manifest file and then create your own. Oh i allmost forgot use the package program to get an identity to your browser and copy into manifest file. You can't miss where to place the identity. Leave the device map empty. When finished use a ziptool to create your u3 file.

Good Luck!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.