General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Reload "last session" list instead of opening all tabs?
Posted by: Arrow
Date: November 11, 2008 08:34AM

Would it be possible in future to reload a clickable list of the last session tabs on browser startup, instead of have all the tabs of the last session saved open.

Then on the list have options to open all links or specific ones at our leisure.

I find it far more convenient because what I was browsing yesterday with many tabs open is not necessarily what I want re-opend in full today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2008 08:34AM by Arrow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reload "last session" list instead of opening all tabs?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 11, 2008 01:22PM

You can get specific links by using History. The concept of session seems to me to mean everything in the session.

Re: Reload "last session" list instead of opening all tabs?
Posted by: Arrow
Date: November 12, 2008 10:51AM

Thanks, but every browser has history and that is nowhere near as convenient - it means sifting through lots of stuff I wouldn't even consider re-opening.

For me it is not a concept to open a session list, it is an actuality, I have been using other browsers [in tandem with K-M] for years that do this - it's a major disadvantage in several situations to have to open numerous tabs as one block.

Firefox has an addon - SessionPage just for this, whilst Theworld Browser and Maxthon both have it as an inbuilt option that can be selected in Options/General

What works well is a start page that has a clickable list of the last session with an option to deselect or delete them individually.

Therefore you can either open individual urls or first delete unwanted urls before clicking "open all" or select a mini group you want opened - it varies with the browser used.

Surf around for a day or two with this option - for real, not for 5 minutes - then you'll see how convenient a list page is.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2008 02:35PM by Arrow.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.