General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Multi Row tabs possible?
Posted by: petrus
Date: November 15, 2008 05:24PM

Is there any way for K-Meleon to display multi rows of tabs? I had that capability with Firefox using the extension/addon called Tab Mix Plus. I oftentimes have as many as 50 or 60 tabs open. Is there perhaps a plugin that would allow me to achieve this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Multi Row tabs possible?
Posted by: Arrow
Date: November 15, 2008 06:26PM

Not that I know of, but I'm glad you brought this up. I was thinking about it - again - in relation to K-M just yesterday

MYIE2 and Maxthon had multiple rows of tabs long before Firefox but it's not the best of systems whichever browser does it, I agree tho' that something else is necessary when many tabs are open.

I prefer the system TheWorld Browser uses.
It has small left and right arrows on the right of the tab bar that "move" all - or as many as you like - of the open tabs out of view off the left of the tab bar.

You can click them over or bring them back again one at a time or all together. Therefore despite having many tabs open it is possible to browse with only one-two-three-four - or however many you choose - full sized tabs in view.

Tab preview allows you to view all the open tabs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2008 06:34PM by Arrow.

Posted by: caktus
Date: November 15, 2008 08:09PM

I changed Minimum Tab Width from default (10mm) to 35 to see if opening many tabs would force a second tab bar. But for some reason it reverted to opening links in the current tab. I then changed Minimum Tab Width back to default (10mm) however links continued to open in the current tab. I then went to Edit > Configuration > Browser Configuration but Browser Configuration would not open. I then went to URL about:config and Browser Configuration opened. I only looked in Browser Configuration to see if I might recognize a problem in Tab settings. Afraid to make changes to Tab settings in Browser Configuration, I closed Browser Configuration then links were again opening in a new tab.

Might changing Tab Width resulting in no new tabs be a bug that should be fixed. Also, is Edit > Configuration > Browser Configuration not opening be a bug that should be fixed.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 15, 2008 11:26PM

My memory is not the most reliable anymore, but I seem to remember in the first alpha code for 1.5 that there was something at the right end of the tab bar that could be clicked to provide a dropdown list of all the tabs. Perhaps this could be used from a third tab button? I for one like to keep the number of bars of the browser to a minimum.

Date: November 16, 2008 10:51PM

@ JamesD

Ditto's on keeping "bars of the browser to a minimum." I have always removed all of the buttons/bmp's leaving KM's with just one bar for text menues and URL window. That and one bar for tabs leaves room for max. real estate.

I was never aware that 1.5 had a button(?) at the end of the tab bar. Perhaps in my haste to get rid of all the eye candy, I had gotten rid of that too. But it would be nice to have such a feature in 1.5.1:s as often I will have 20-30 tabs open.

Charlie

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 17, 2008 11:59AM

In 1.5.0 a button "»" is showed when tab bar is full of minimun size tabs at the right end of the tab bar. This must be similar in 1.5.1. (I tested it and work identical)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 17, 2008 04:31PM

desga2
(I tested it and work identical)

I will look for the ">>" the next time I have many tabs open. Sometime I have 20-30 tab open while browsing leaving only one or two alpha characters of the page titles in the tabs. And when surfing for news articles to read off-line, I often have about 200 tabs open and just save them using "File all tabs" without paying any attention to the tabs themselves.

Charlie

Date: November 17, 2008 11:02PM

desga2
(I tested it and work identical)

I often have about 200 tabs open and just save them using "File all tabs" without paying any attention to the tabs themselves.[/quote]

Where is the option to "File all tabs"? I normally save various sessions, but I do not see the option "File all tabs" that you referred to.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 18, 2008 01:49AM

File All Tabs is a macro. It is in the MacroLibrary. http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmFileAllTabs

Date: November 18, 2008 12:24PM

JamesD
File All Tabs is a macro. It is in the MacroLibrary. http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmFileAllTabs

I am new to K-Meleon. Thank you for that link.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.