General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Some annoyances (KM and forum)
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: November 21, 2008 02:44AM

Hi, first I'll start with the forum annoyances.

Why is now impossible to mark as read the forums? Is this going to be fixed ... some day?

The new text near the subject of new replies threats... are going to be usable some day? I mean, they used to be clickables are they going to be again?

I know these annoyances come from the changes made by sourceforge but I'm starting to hate it because, now, I have no much time to come here and come and found a non usable forum is just very, very, annoying.

(I also found while editing this post that is not possible to add color to the text via the button of the editor)

Lets to the K-meleon annoyances.

As I stated in this post and in a previous one, I have no much time so I haven't switched totally yet from 1.1.6 to 1.5.1 (with the scroll fix I requested smiling smiley, thanks for them but still is half speed of previous versions :/) but now I have some time and I was on it but I found some annoyances as follows:

1.- I used to have the strict warnings reports enabled for the error console and with 1.1.6 I hadn't any issue, but now, from start (with a fresh profile too) I found this error. Should I care of it?

(Now come 2 annoyances that... you could call me crazy tongue sticking out smiley)

2.- Why the toolbars haven't (now) space from the start of the bar and the first icon (about 10 px)? I found annoying, really, could seems stupid, but I really found annoying. Could this be fixed?

(the upper half of the image is from 1.1.6,
the below from 1.5.1)

3.- the last one... is there anyway of get rid of the menu option for the bookmarks submenus of "add bookmark here"? Yeah, I know, is useful but not for me. Could I get rid of it?

Well and those are all annoyances, thanks for your patience reading this and any help/comment is appreciated.

If you are asking yourself why I didn't add this post to other forums is just because I want to discuss it here.

Options: ReplyQuote
This work for me
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 21, 2008 05:19AM

JhonHell
Why is now impossible to mark as read the forums? Is this going to be fixed ... some day?

This work for me, under forum title "Options: Mark forum read"

JohnHell
The new text near the subject of new replies threats... are going to be usable some day? I mean, they used to be clickables are they going to be again?

This "new" text is hidden when you read the thread with new post.

JhonHell
(I also found while editing this post that is not possible to add color to the text via the button of the editor)

You are right, text color not work fine from editor toolbar.

Are you sure that you are LogIN in forum? Please, you tried do LogOUT, clear K-Meleon cookies and cache and re-logIN.

1) I don't know. (Good observation)

2) In 1.5 when you lock toolbars (View -> Toolbars -> Lock Toolbars) the bar space is deleted/hidden (this bar space isn't deleted/hidden in 1.1.X versions).
I don't know if this can be changed in toolbars.dll kplugin.

3) Also this is a new feature in bookmarks.dll kplugin.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 05:19AM by desga2.

Re: This work for me
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 21, 2008 12:12PM

JohnHell

desga2
This work for me, under forum title "Options: Mark forum read"

Yes, but the option that is located at the botton of an individual forum such as General does not work.

Re: This work for me
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: November 21, 2008 03:00PM

@desga, I have a similar problem.

When I click at the end of the page, to mark all the unread posts, it doesn't work.

I must enter in each unread thread and go back to mark it read (on different computers).

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Re: Some annoyances (KM and forum)
Posted by: Dorian
Date: November 21, 2008 06:49PM

JohnHell
2.- Why the toolbars haven't (now) space from the start of the bar and the first icon (about 10 px)? I found annoying, really, could seems stupid, but I really found annoying. Could this be fixed?

That's a fixed bug. Now you can try to set kmeleon.display.lockedToolbarAlt to true.

JohnHell
3.- the last one... is there anyway of get rid of the menu option for the bookmarks submenus of "add bookmark here"? Yeah, I know, is useful but not for me. Could I get rid of it?

set kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.menuAddBookmark to false

Date: November 21, 2008 08:22PM

Thank you so much again, Dorian.

About the starting error, do I really care about it?

You are awesome grinning smiley

Thanks to those replies too, James and others. It's a "bug" of the new forum/host, whatever did sourceforge.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 21, 2008 09:10PM

javascript:editor_tools_handle_color() is appearently the code to run if you try to use the "select font color" tool from the editor. When you click that there is some code or something that shows up at the botton left of the screen under the green menu area. It seems to read "RGB Named color??ides" Some parts are overwritten. If you move the pointer there a green bar will appear. If you click on the green bar it all goes away. I think it is a color selection area but it is not in a part of the screen that we can see.

Date: November 21, 2008 09:15PM

Yes, that is what happens :/

About the K-meleon annoyances I have to correct myself on this:

from 1.1.6 to 1.5.1 (with the scroll fix I requested smiling smiley, thanks for them but still is half speed of previous versions :/)

The speed is doubled on 1.5.1, but maybe the pages I tested with before, maybe because they had images, looked slower.

I think I'll have to get used to it, but 1px for each acceleration level is now very low (so gets speed quite quickly). I'm not requesting a fix, just commenting winking smiley

Date: November 21, 2008 10:08PM

Ooooh, ok, ok.

The thing is that is not as speed as 1.1.6... the whole scroll, but the initial acceleration is now faster than 1.1.6.

I think I'm going to request as a feature (because is not a bug) to increase the distance between the mouse wheel click and the first point to start the acceleration and maybe next steps, because is about 1px only so move the mouse just a little is a very high aggressive acceleration winking smiley

Sorry to bother you about my thoughts.

I'll only bother to know if I/we really should care about the error I posted:

1.- I used to have the strict warnings reports enabled for the error console and with 1.1.6 I hadn't any issue, but now, from start (with a fresh profile too) I found this error. Should I care of it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 10:10PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 22, 2008 12:15AM

..and the sleepy smiley doesn't work

Posted by: kko
Date: November 22, 2008 08:30AM

JohnHell
I used to have the strict warnings reports enabled for the error console and with 1.1.6 I hadn't any issue, but now, from start (with a fresh profile too) I found this error. Should I care of it?

No, it doesn't do any harm. It just shouldn't be there, ideally.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.