General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
kmeleon ccfme crashes at www.jpost.com
Posted by: Jonathan Ha
Date: November 25, 2008 10:10PM

kmeleon-ccfme crashes everytime I go to www.jpost.com. There was no error message. kmeleon-ccfme just closes itself. Firefox and kmeleon 1.5.1 are working fine at www.jpost.com.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kmeleon ccfme crashes at www.jpost.com
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: November 25, 2008 10:14PM

Which version of CCFME you are using ?

BTW, just tested with the latest CCFME 0.09 Beta4 V1. This website works fine smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 10:14PM by Hao Jiang.

Date: November 25, 2008 10:35PM

Thank you for the quick response.

I am using the latest version 0.09 Beta4v1. The previous 2 versions also crashed as soon I entered the www.jpost.com. However, the beta4v1 did show the homepage of www.jpost.com for the first time. As soon as I click on the link within the homepage and then go back to the homepage, it crashed. After it crashed, I relaunched it and it would crashed right at the homepage of www.jpost.com everytime afterward.

Date: November 26, 2008 04:23AM

Just tried on another machine. Yes. It Does crashed the browser which the reason is unknown yet. You can try to disable the treacemonkey to see whehter it will affect anything. Here even disabling it still crashed the browser.

An workaround at this moment is to use IETab to open the website which won't crash the browser here. (But IE sucks anyway)

Date: January 06, 2009 05:26PM

K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 RC3 now works fine with this website. No crash smiling smiley

Date: January 07, 2009 03:37AM

Hi Hao,

I have been using the latest K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 RC3 since you posted it. However, it still crashed with www.jpost.com website. I used 3 separate computers with the latest version of CCFME, and they all crashed in the same manner. Opening the www.jpost.com homepage would not crash immediately. I click on a weblink at the www.jpost.com homepage. Then I click on a weblink within the homepage. The webpage displays without any problem. CCFME would crash once I click the "back" button to go back to the homepage. I has been very consistent at crashing in this pattern.

Thank you very much for all your hard work in producing this marvelous Browser.

Date: January 07, 2009 04:13AM

Jonathan Ha
Hi Hao,

I have been using the latest K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 RC3 since you posted it. However, it still crashed with www.jpost.com website. I used 3 separate computers with the latest version of CCFME, and they all crashed in the same manner. Opening the www.jpost.com homepage would not crash immediately. I click on a weblink at the www.jpost.com homepage. Then I click on a weblink within the homepage. The webpage displays without any problem. CCFME would crash once I click the "back" button to go back to the homepage. I has been very consistent at crashing in this pattern.

Thank you very much for all your hard work in producing this marvelous Browser.

The 0.09 Final version being tested solved the problem I think. Let me know when it's released.. smiling smiley

Date: January 08, 2009 03:54AM

You're The BEST!!!!

www.jpost.com works perfectly.

Thank you so much.

Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Chinese New Year and Showers of Blessings.

Date: January 08, 2009 07:33AM

Hi Hao,

I encountered the same problem again. I am using the final version of ccfme. My system at the office worked fine. However the system at home encountered the same problem as before.

I looked at the event viewer and this is what it said, "fault address 0x00018e55".

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.