General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
I have another question setting up cookie monster
Posted by: slystone
Date: December 12, 2008 09:54PM

I downloaded the newest cookie monster 3.45, I kept in touch with the person who invents it and he wrote me back. Here's the problem, My K-meleon profile is set up in this directory C:\program files\K-meleon\defaults\profile. I found it and manually clicked on it and the software won't work. I tried it many times , so i e-mailed the inventer and he sent me a link that takes me to the k-meleon site and tells me that the profile location is in your application data directory.:cool:

I copied and pasted this to run (%AppData%), when i clicked run it opened C:\documents and settings\administrator\aplication data theres a bunch of files.
No k-meleon files, it must have uninstalled and reinstalled in the C:\program files directory.grinning smiley

The site says, as does the author cookie monster will work with any gecko based browser and when you go to set it up it says gecko based browsers (K-meleon). This is supposed to be easy. HELP, I delete k-meleon cookies manually because of passwords, forums,sites, etc This is the biggest pain in the @#$%$$#$. Now please I do fine with computers, but i only so computer smart, I use google 80% of the time or a forum. I will work for days looking for a fix before I have to show how STUPID I AM AND ASK for help.HELP!!!tongue sticking out smiley THANKS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have another question setting up cookie monster
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 12, 2008 10:35PM

I just have ver. 3.0 of Cookie Monster but the way I set mine up is to use KM to find the profile. Use EDIT - CONFIGURATION - PROFILE DIRECTORY to find the location. Copy the information in the address bar. Mine happens to be "C:\Program Files\K-M 152RC2\Profiles\dy8v69yp.default". With the information in the clipboard, I open Cookie Monster and paste the path in the options panel. I am running three versions of KM and have their paths in the Mozilla, Netscape, and custom lines on the options panel. All three work just fine.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 12, 2008 10:35PM

you're not stupid ( there's only one stupid person in the world.. and very soon he will be gone into oblivion).. anyway, i never used cookie monster so i can't help you there, i think charlie knows about cookie monster.

i can help you with your profile location, should be there:
c:\documents and settings[your user name on the computer]\application data\k-meleon\default or random characters folder

Date: December 13, 2008 12:01AM

jamesD i wish it was that easy, my location is
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\K-Meleon\3aw5iw9m.default.There is no profile in that folder.In fact not all the folders are there. There's no default folder. There are nine folders that are in my C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\defaults\profile. There are only three in where it takes me????????:s

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 13, 2008 12:32AM

@ slystone

Looks like you might have bad install of your KM. What version of KM are you using and on what operating system? Did you use the installer or did you extract from a 7z file?

Oh wait. I just re-read and see that you have RC2. Is there a file named "cookies.txt" in 3aw5iw9m.default?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2008 12:37AM by JamesD.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 13, 2008 10:18AM

To know where are you profile stored you can go to:
Edit -> Configuration -> Profile Directory

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: December 13, 2008 10:37PM

JamesD you are a friken genius, you told me about this

Oh wait. I just re-read and see that you have RC2. Is there a file named "cookies.txt" in 3aw5iw9m.default?:drool:tongue sticking out smileygrinning smiley

So far it finally works, for how long? who knows A BIG THANKS JAMES

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.