Newbie questions
Posted by: rony
Date: December 30, 2008 09:47PM

Hi
im very new K-Meleon user and i liked it .
I have few questions if somebody can help me out..
I wants to change the size of buttons(Ex. Home button)littlebit bigger size how??

And i installed SiteAdvisor Ext. from K-Meleon Ext. Page but these two options 1.highlight search results links and 2.Use SSL communications to servers not works or i need to download Macafee site advisor...???
and last one for spell check i need to install any extensions???
Any help would be appriciated......

Re: Newbie questions
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 30, 2008 10:27PM

rony
I wants to change the size of buttons(Ex. Home button)littlebit bigger size how??

I uploaded a skin with 20 px Buttons - Next size is 24 = Phoenity large,
that is already @ Your PC.

Changes of skin are done via Edit > Preferences >

More skins are @ K-Meleon extension page & in skins - wiki.
Some skins have buttons with more than 30px size.

rony
And i installed SiteAdvisor Ext. from K-Meleon Ext. Page but these two options

Yes - AFAIK SiteAdvisor download needed - alain cannot offer copyrighted files.

rony
and last one for spell check i need to install any extensions???
Any help would be appriciated......

Yes: Download Spell checker from K-Meleon extension page plus Your national spelling. After download, extract files from the xpi which is a zip file, then create the folder ./K-Meleon/dictionaries and then place the *.dic and the *.aff files inside.

You will find the the files in a subdirectory of the unzipped xpi.

Greetings from DE

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2008 10:44PM by guenter.

Attachments: K-Ext1.1.3_Klassic20px1.1.exe (132.6 KB)  
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 30, 2008 10:36PM

hi rony and welcome to k-meleon

1. the default phoenity skin comes with big buttons variation. to use bigger skin: open kmeleon preferences edit menu>preferences or F2. in preferences, under gui appearance>skin select phoenity(large).. restart kmeleon.. you can also find more themes that come in bigger buttons in the themes wiki:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KMeleonThemesWiki
extra skins at alain's extension page aswell or on al's ashrising skins page.

2. not sure about mcafee's site advisor.. i remeber i did try it a long time ago and it worked, maybe not anymore or the site is down.. now i use drweb extension which is similar in function to mcafee's siteadvisor and works fine.. you'll also find it on juju's site http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Download.html

3. there's a spellcheck extension available on juju's site aswell.. you'll need additional dictionaries for it to work.. just place the dictionary of your default or preferred language in k-meleon/dictionaries folder. the dictionaries used are aff types(similar to ones used by openoffice and other opensource programs)
dictionaries are available there:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries
download your corresponding language and extract to kmeleon\dictionaries folder

Date: December 31, 2008 12:27AM

thanks for reply
but spell checking is not working..i downloaded Aspell and from open office English I created one folder named dictionary under K meleon and unzipped Aspell and english dic. into Dictionary folder
And i installed Dr.web ext. but i didnt find it anywhere either

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 12:28AM by rony.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 31, 2008 02:32AM

Aspell not work, please download SpellChecker.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: December 31, 2008 06:12AM

rony
Aspell and from ...

Aspell does not work for K-Meleon 1.5.x.

Use Spellcheck by Mark307 - that is further down at jujuland extension page or at this direct link. That worked better anyway.

p.s. Some extensions are not updated (no checkmark for 1.5, only checkmark for 1.1.x).
Because they were incompatible or not used. If they original adapter does not use them anymore they are abandonware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 06:16AM by guenter.

Date: December 31, 2008 10:38AM

Thanks again

But how can i uninstall Aspell and dr.web or not need to to uninstall..
And Macaffee Site Advisor if i download for firefox Latest version this gonna work for k-meleon too?? or i need to configure it or something???

Date: December 31, 2008 11:24AM

Aspell & dr. web: K-Meleon Macros are deactivated in Preferences.
The Programs are AFAIK uninstalled via system.

Macaffee Site Advisor no idea, If alain used an older one You can probably update. But better wait till he answers.

Date: December 31, 2008 11:44AM

Thanks......
But Now if i write something wrong and right click it shows spell checker but not correct it ..i dont know what im doing wrong...i installed Spell checker from your link and created one folder dictionaries copied .xpi file in to it...

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: December 31, 2008 12:53PM

when spell checking make sure the typing pointer is within the misspelt word:
then right click and select spell checker.. right-click menu will display suggested words.

dr.web: will add a new command when you right click on a link:
"Scan Link Content for &Virus"
selecting the command should take you to dr.web's page with link-scan results

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 09:32AM by disrupted.

Date: December 31, 2008 01:24PM

rony
Thanks......
But Now if i write something wrong and right click it shows spell checker but not correct it ..i dont know what im doing wrong...i installed Spell checker from your link and created one folder dictionaries
copied .xpi file in to it...

Did You extracted the xpi? You need to do it.
K-Meleon does not auto install XPI.
alain's exe installer has better security.

XPI is a zip file. Rename it to zip if Your zip program does not know that. Inside are in my case de-DE.aff and de-DE.dic (plus en-US ones).

I used 7-zip to unzip XPI, then I copied the 2 files into the ./dictionaries folder. After that it showed German spelling errors (red underlined).

AFAIK The checker does not have auto-correct functionality. I would not use it anyway - so I have never missed or thought about it.

To post here I put my mouse pointer into this writing field (SpellCheck reacts to forms like this one), right clicked and set it to use English. XPI and some other words are underlined red. If I do not know the correct spelling (that often happens when I write English grinning smiley) I mark the word and click the search button. Google normally shows me the right spelling or links that go to dictionaries. If I have to follow links I open them in the background while I return to my post.

If You do not understand me or others right away. It is not because You are new to the matter. We just do not have English as mother language. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 01:26PM by guenter.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 02, 2009 05:18PM

then right click and select spell checker.."

You can also use Ctrl-*, it's the same as right-click but it doesn't need to take mouse ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.